Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking for CLI or Rate Reductions...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asking for CLI or Rate Reductions...

Does this generate an inquiry on your report.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asking for CLI or Rate Reductions...

Depends on the CCC... Some do, some don't.

Which CCC are you inquiring about?

Rob
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be interested in a Chase card that I have.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jamesus81801 wrote:
I would be interested in a Chase card that I have.

I believe Chase does Hard inqs.. YMMV You can ask when if you call. But I believe if you press the Luv button a Hard Inq is soon to follow.

Good Luck.

Rob
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know, I'll just let them sort it out and see if they offer one up in the future, I'm not going to be too pushy about it right now, I just made some pretty big moves toward improving my situation and I don't think that they are reflected on my reports yet anyway.  Thank You for your input though!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, Chase does hard INQs. I just recently asked, and was denied. Sent off a recon request. Waiting on that. They issued me via recon, so perhaps my CLI will come via recon.
Message 6 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Yes, Chase does Hard Pulls Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's Stupid , don't they run routine credit checks,  they employ the Universal Default, how are they going to stick it to you if they aren't regulary checking up on you, so when you go to request that CLI chances are they've already been checking uo on you. 
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody know about Cap 1 & asking for a rate reduction??  Also, I asked Dell Financial about a rate reduction, but was told by the cust. svc agent & the supervisor that they cannot manually change rates, they only change automatically with a periodic review (which they could tell me nothing about).  Anyone know about this, or if there's any way to verify?  I've heard from some that you may have to ask several times, but I don't want to do anything that's going to damage my credt.....
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently asked Dell for an interest rate reduction and they did so without question.  They gave me a 5% decrease.  So they can definetly do it.  My fico score is 751 so I'm sure that was a determining factor, but they can do whatever they want.  Don't let them fool you.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.