cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking for a cli before credit steps (cap1 platinum)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asking for a cli before credit steps (cap1 platinum)

Back in July I received the cap1 platinum with a $300 sl. I've always paid well above the minimum payment or paid off before the due date. My 6th statement should be coming in on the 26th of January. Just today I went online to request a cli, & the approved me for $100 bringing me to $400sl the card currently has a zero balance being that I have just paid off the day before. I haven't accepted the increase just yet, so now I have two questions, if I accept the increase will I still get the auto cli thru credit steps? & if I dont accept the offer, can I request in maybe a week & get a bigger increase? Also I'm on credit karma & both of my cs are 610.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Asking for a cli before credit steps (cap1 platinum)

You will still get your Steps CLI and there is no guarantee that the CLI will be larger in one weeks time. FYI CK is a Fako score its not a true Fico score that most of the lenders use when granting initial credit and CLIs. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I doubt anything is going to drastically change in your report in the next week to get a larger CLI.  I would take the $100 they are offering and then you will get your credit steps.  Mine went from $500 in February to $1500 in May to $2000 in August.  I'll be eligible for another CLI in February.

I would also ask if your account is eligible for rewards.  This will pretty much make your Platinum a Quicksilver.  1.5% cash back is a good thing to have.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the input. I went ahead & took the offer. Hopefully when my 6th statement cuts they'll give me a bigger cli. I'm rebuildingredients right now & I all I have is the cap1 platinum. & a kay jewelers card. I have a friend who has me on some of his cards as a author. User so hopefully it helps me out too.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.