Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking for promotions/offers w/ Citi?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asking for promotions/offers w/ Citi?

I have an upcoming vaction and plan on spending $1k+ within the month. I was wondering if it was possible to call and ask for promotions. I'm a student and apply for student cards so they're often left out of the good offers arena. If I could take advantage of a spend x amount for x amount back within a certain time frame I would love to take advantage of it. I know I've read about threatening to leave the company to be offered points or a minimum spend offer, but I'm a new cardmember and don't feel as though I have much leverage. I currently have the Citi Student Forward card and haven't used it much at all. The offers that came with the card aren't bad, but the regular Forward card has the additional Spend $650 and get $100 offer. Just looking for more information or stories before I call. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Re: Asking for promotions/offers w/ Citi?

I don't think you will get any such offer, they have no reason to offer you free money... What you may be able to get is a 0% interest or a reduced interest offer if anything
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asking for promotions/offers w/ Citi?

I already have the lowest interest rate (12.99%) as far as I know and 0% for 7 months (it was offered with the card). :/ I guess technically they don't have a reason to offer me money considering I'm already a member. Thanks for the ideas though!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.