Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspire Card Closed Involuntarily!

tag
joy1979
Valued Member

Aspire Card Closed Involuntarily!

I just received a notice in the mail saying my Aspire Visa has been closed. I was really shocked! I hadn't planned on using it anymore because I need to pay the balance down, but I didn't necessarily want it closed. I'm kind of worried the other companies are planning to do the same thing. Which I really hope isn't the case. Has anyone else experiened credit accounts being closed?
"When you know better you do better"
Maya Angelou
Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Aspire Card Closed Involuntarily!

Wait, so you have a balance on the aspire right now and your trying to pay it down?
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

joy1979 wrote: 
Has anyone else experiened credit accounts being closed?

yes: 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=127235&query.id=50127...

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear it, but it's better in the long term!
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 11
joy1979
Valued Member

Yes I'm in the process of paying them all down. I guess not quick enough for them! Smiley Happy

Maya Angelou

Message 5 of 11
joy1979
Valued Member

Thanks Score_Building I guess that answers my question!
Maya Angelou

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine closed too...i haven't had a balance in probably 6 months.  I didn't want it closed though due to acct age, utility, etc. I called to inquire and they said the program has ended. Oh well, they suck anyway! Esp now that I will prob be negatively impacted on my scores!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife just a letter from Chase notifying her they were closing down one her cards for no use in 24 months.  We are going to contest this closing.   It might mean we start using old cards once per year now to counter this practice
Message 8 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My wife just a letter from Chase notifying her they were closing down one her cards for no use in 24 months.  We are going to contest this closing.   It might mean we start using old cards once per year now to counter this practice

Good luck, but they have every right to do this, and it makes good business sense to close cards people do not use.

'

Every one of my credit cards is used every month for a repeatr payment - phones, utilities, charitable donations etc

PS - using it once a year might not help - they might still think it is good practice to close it.  It costs them to keep cards open, and if people do not use them, they make no money on transactions.

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 11-24-2008 11:59 AM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing happen to me 2 I had a balance on it and I was making my monthly payment everything was good until they

close the account for no reason and try to force me to pay the balance in full which I didn't have it at that time so it went on my credit report

when I call them to see why the account was close the rep... Told me that the program under which they were running at the time I open the account is no longer there.

its a same that they can do stuff like that and just mess you up and nothing came out of it

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.