Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspire earning/credit change

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: HH Aspire Amex earning updates

@KJinNC wrote:

Very nice changes - IMO, what is going on is that Amex and Hilton are aware that a lot of people are looking at that $450 AF and pondering the value right now. The changes they made are all geared toward the covid situation. Groceries and takeout/delivery. Whoever developed these changes is very smart and understands customers IMO. Promote him/her!

Good idea for the changes, I agree.

I am sure the person who came up with this idea is happy to continue working, the promotion isn't necessary Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone used their Resort credits yet for dining? Did it work like the normal Amex statement credits? 

Message 12 of 16
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone used their Resort credits yet for dining? Did it work like the normal Amex statement credits? 

Yeah it works the exact same as the Gold dining credit but with all dining options not just the small list. I used it earlier this month and the credit posted today.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm receiving dining credits on my aspire as well. Im also trying to rack up my Hilton points right now but will very likely downgrade this fall when it's time for renewal. If things change I'll consider the platinum instead of the hh. 

Message 14 of 16
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting the Aspire as well. But wanted to know for the $250 incidental and $250 hotel credit do you get points when you redeem those credits? Cause when I used to have the CSR, it used to be 3x on top of the $300 credit but now, they don't even give you the 3x until you used up the $300. Also, could someone confirm that since its the pandemic, they're not doing upgrade offers? Cause when I got my Hilton card back in 2016, I got upgrade offers up from 2017-2019. But now, I don't see any or any good offers offers points for HH. Thanks.

Message 15 of 16
dogmeat
Regular Contributor

Good question. I thought points are earned on all charges, even credited ones but I can't say I've ever actually checked a statement to confirm that is true - I have read the T&C however.  The T&C does mention you get points for all charges minus any "credits" (typically interpreted as merchant refunds), so if they count their own airline/resort credits in that way, it stands to reason that maybe they don't earn points.  I never knew that change happened with the CSR, surprised I don't remember reading about that.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.