Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At 787 But Still STUCK!

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: At 787 But Still STUCK!

Your credit score is not the only thing that matters in credit card applications. When my FICO score was in the 760's I was denied credit cards granted to people with scores in the mid-600's.

Message 11 of 20
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I see you have a 10k business card, whats the highest limit on a non business card? Perhaps they want to see how you do at lower levels first, have yyou tried a Credit Union?

Hello guys. SO SORRY for all the contributions. I had several other pieces of work to complete today. 

I actually wrote on another thread complaining that I felt that EQ wasn't rational and wasn't directly related fo payments and current balances as soon as you make them. I got a major reduction in August in EQ because I'd opened a new account and took advantage of a BT to the toon of 90% of my limit on my Diamond card. I also had a collection removed at around the same time. EX removed the CO first, then my new account and BT posted. I got a big bump from EX, then a gradual drop. On EQ the new acct and BT was applied first, then the CO removal was second. I received a MASSIVE drop then a small increase. I got a second moderate increase weeks later.

What I think that happens now the more that I understand about "predictive modelling" software is that when you have moderate scores and something big happens, you get VERY dramatic results either way. Thus it really matters the order that transactions are updated during your cleanup process.

As I indicated in my first post my EX score has been rising moderately but consistently for some time now. As a result when my recent $2700 payment hit to bring my util from 26% to 7% I got only a modest 3 point improvement.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 12 of 20
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@guydiver wrote:

@CreditEd wrote:

I had FEVER last night. My $2700 payment posted taking my util down to 7%. I had an EQ Fico score of 761. The posted payment shot my score up to 787.

Checked FCS for EX that score went from 723 to 726 as a result of the new 0 balance. After taking an Advil I apped and got approved for an AMEX HH Surpass. Only 2k CL though. Was VERY dissapointed. Was counting on something around 5-10k. I apped for the the Surpass by phone because the website for this card wasn't working last night.

After approval I went to the website again and apped for the Platinum Delta. That app is now pending and I feel that I need to communicate to AMEX that I wanted the Surpass b/c I do use Hilton Hotels most of the time, but that I'd like an Airline card as well. I fear that it was too soon to app for the both. But does my arguement seem plausible?

I have a similar issue with Chase. Back in July I got denied for a CSP with my EQ Fico score at only 695. I could understand that at the time, but I'm SERIOUSLY shy about re-apping for CSP or any other Chase product.

REALLY worried about something NOT on my CR reports that is causing me to get a low limit like 2k.

Or wonder if I should seek banks that I have no prior relationship with at all, and hope that the good scores are seen much more favorably?

Any opinions?

All things considered, that's not a bad place to be stuck.Smiley Very Happy

More ainxious than truly complaining. So many on this board have provided me with so much purposefull information, that I've fixed things in the past 5 months that I would never have known to address in 5 years. Speficially recons, GW letters and how to fight to get COs settled and removed. THANKS TO ALL!!!

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 13 of 20
GregB
Valued Contributor

@Sparkz1920 wrote:
Yeah, I always thought that anything over 700 gets you pretty much the sane terms as an 800+...Maybe a little better at 800+ but not much

Maybe it's for a personal accomplishment

700 is below the median, which is about 720. So at 720 you are right in the middle of the population. 760 is where it really doesn't matter if it is better.

Message 14 of 20
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@RonDawg wrote:

@CreditEd wrote:

I had FEVER last night. My $2700 payment posted taking my util down to 7%. I had an EQ Fico score of 761. The posted payment shot my score up to 787.

Checked FCS for EX that score went from 723 to 726 as a result of the new 0 balance. After taking an Advil I apped and got approved for an AMEX HH Surpass. Only 2k CL though. Was VERY dissapointed. Was counting on something around 5-10k. I apped for the the Surpass by phone because the website for this card wasn't working last night.

After approval I went to the website again and apped for the Platinum Delta. That app is now pending and I feel that I need to communicate to AMEX that I wanted the Surpass b/c I do use Hilton Hotels most of the time, but that I'd like an Airline card as well. I fear that it was too soon to app for the both. But does my arguement seem plausible?

I have a similar issue with Chase. Back in July I got denied for a CSP with my EQ Fico score at only 695. I could understand that at the time, but I'm SERIOUSLY shy about re-apping for CSP or any other Chase product.

REALLY worried about something NOT on my CR reports that is causing me to get a low limit like 2k.

Or wonder if I should seek banks that I have no prior relationship with at all, and hope that the good scores are seen much more favorably?

Any opinions?

Call up AMEX again about your APP my bet is they will approve it but because you just applied for an account its holding this app for a live person to look at.

Also ask them to recon your 2k credit limit on your current account, maybe you will get more.

My first application for the BCE card got the 7 day message but 3 days later I got the approval notice in my email.  I had a fraud warning on my credit report so of course a Human has to look at it.

Anyways Good Luck!

Didn't think to ask them to recon the 2k but I did call earlier today about my other app status. Called in on my Plat business line in order to have the consumer department my info. I got a person in New App Status who tried for 10 minutes to push the app through. I also stated that my goal was to be able to STOP charging personal expensses on my business cards. And that I needed the tools that AMEX offers to do this...

The gentleman said that I did nothing wrong and that it made sense. I said that I actually need a hotel card, an airline card and a cash card but that I only apped for two so as not to go overboard...Cat LOL  

He stated that he could not fix the app today because filing two apps on any single day look like duplicated apps to their system. He told me that he would pass the app to his manager and in 24-48 hours that they would be able to process it. Still not indication as to what the status might be. Thus I still wonder if the earlier 2k CL means anything to the new app.

I've done a heck of alot in a VERY short time, so another 2k approval will be more than acceptable at this point and I feel good about having cards that will actually grow at some point over the near future. Big difference than being stuck at 2k for 3 years with a Cap 1 card??? 

Message 15 of 20
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@Omaplatypus wrote:

I fail to see the negatives of being "stuck" at 787, given an 800+ won't really give you better terms since you already technically are qualified for the best of the best.  Don't be gun shy about the CSP tho, pull the trig and recon if necessary.

More specifically the "stuck was in reference to having several cards that have not grown in several years and not previously being able to get a CLI even after a HP.  Was really wondering if other than my business cards, might I need to begin new relationships and whether that might be better.

Message 16 of 20
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@DailyDriver wrote:

I was approved for the NAF Amex Hilton with a 2k limit also.  You can see the rest of my limits in my profile.  EX was 742.  Maybe the give the CL with 61 day CLI in mind.

AWESOME signature you have. LOVE that Dividends World CONGRATS!!!!!! to you. I was overwhelmed with way too much emotion b/c of my good fortune with my SPG card. Feel much to "entitled" these days...

Message 17 of 20
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@Sparkz1920 wrote:
Yeah, I always thought that anything over 700 gets you pretty much the sane terms as an 800+...Maybe a little better at 800+ but not much

Maybe it's for a personal accomplishment

As soon as you think you got an A in Science, you meet someone on the Deans List. 

Message 18 of 20
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Your credit score is not the only thing that matters in credit card applications. When my FICO score was in the 760's I was denied credit cards granted to people with scores in the mid-600's.

I wish that we could make one or several stickies with these "other factors". I think I got much too focused on the single battle rather than being prepared for the war.

Message 19 of 20
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

Score History:

10/22/2012787Score Watch® alert: Your score is unchanged. More info
 10/21/2012787Score Power report: Your score has gone up. More info
 10/13/2012761Score Watch® alert: Your score exceeded your target of 704. More info
 10/1/2012703Score Watch® alert: Your score exceeded your target of 633. More info
 9/27/2012633Score Watch® alert: Your score exceeded your target of 625. More info
 9/14/2012624Score Watch® alert: Your score has dropped.YesMore info
 8/27/2012653Score Watch® alert: Your score has dropped.YesMore info
 8/24/2012659Score Watch® alert: Your score exceeded your target of 654. More info
 8/14/2012653Score Watch® alert: Your score has gone up.YesMore info
 8/1/2012652Score Watch® alert: Your score has dropped.YesMore info
 7/27/2012653Score Watch® alert: Your score has dropped.YesMore info
 7/22/2012659Score Watch® alert: Possible higher rate on a new HLOAN .YesMore info
 7/18/2012673Score Power report: Your score is unchanged. More info
 7/15/2012673Score Watch® alert: Your score exceeded your target of 670. More info
 7/6/2012666Score Watch® alert: Your score has dropped.YesMore info
 7/2/2012669Score Power report: Your score is unchanged. More info
 6/30/2012669Score Watch® alert: Your score exceeded your target of 652. More info
 6/28/2012649Score Power report: Your score is 649. More info

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.