cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At What Credit Score Did You Start Getting Prime Pre-Approved Offers???

tag
800ficogirl
Regular Contributor

At What Credit Score Did You Start Getting Prime Pre-Approved Offers???

Since hitting 650s,.. ive been checking my mail a little more often hoping for the "good offers" to start rolling in,.. I imaigine it starts somewhere after 660,.. but Most Likely around 680-700.  So far the first thing i got to let me know i was getting on track (besides those credit one/  premier bank like ones) was a Texaco/ BP gas card offer.  But when does Chase, Citi, and Discover want me?,.. At what score does the best offers start rolling in? Also what was the starter Limit for those cards?  Im a member of NFCU but all they send me is those god awful pre-paid card offers,... News Flash NF no one wants a prepaid card!!

Starting Score: 524
Current Score:672-709
Goal Score:800

WellsFargo $2700 - NF Rewards Visa Signature $5000 - NF Rewards $3200 - Barclay $5500 - Walmart $3500- Sleep center $2000 - Cap One Quick Silver $4500 - Khols $300- HHGreggs $3000 - NFCU Checking Line $15,000 - Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Re: At What Credit Score Did You Start Getting Prime Pre-Approved Offers???

Your numbers sound about right, but people often don't want to hear the truth: "it is more than just scores"  All 675s are not the same, truly.

It looks like you have a Cap One card now, it is possible you could get approved for another with decent credit line with a 660. 

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 2 of 22
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

I agree it's more than just the score. My first big limit and was Discover after having store cards and having a Capital One card with a $500 limit. Discover was generous and gave me a 10k limit. It's grown to $15 since.

My score was in the mid 670s across all thee bureaus at the time.

Low hanging fruit for Chase and Citi are co-branded cards if you wanna slip in bed with them
Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 3 of 22
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

FYI - I do have some ancient 60 day lates that were four years old from a car loan and had a paid collection from Verizon sitting on my report when I did Discover. Hope that gives you an idea of what my report looked like. AAOA was six years and I had no inquiries for a year with the exception of a pull for my mortgage. I apped Discover the day after I closed.
Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@800ficogirl wrote:

Since hitting 650s,.. ive been checking my mail a little more often hoping for the "good offers" to start rolling in,.. I imaigine it starts somewhere after 660,.. but Most Likely around 680-700.  So far the first thing i got to let me know i was getting on track (besides those credit one/  premier bank like ones) was a Texaco/ BP gas card offer.  But when does Chase, Citi, and Discover want me?,.. At what score does the best offers start rolling in? Also what was the starter Limit for those cards?  Im a member of NFCU but all they send me is those god awful pre-paid card offers,... News Flash NF no one wants a prepaid card!!

I received Prime Cards as soon as my VERY bad "baddies" started to be removed.  I was pushing the 700's then.

s

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please remember that the approvals forum is for users to post actual recent credit card approvals.  These types of discussion belong in other forums 

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't try until I was at 742.  But I'm sure many can get approved with lower scores.  

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not entirely sure, but a few months getting out from under some hefty medical bills (insurance was liable the whole time) I started getting my mailbox spammed.

Message 8 of 22
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I've never recieved a good credit card offer in the us mail, and I doubt I ever will.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover and Barclay,at time of approval my score was 648
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.