Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August Starwood Preferred Guest Statements

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: August Starwood Preferred Guest Statements

Marriott is looking like a clown to others in the industry as this debacle unfolds.  

Amex doesn’t have the foggiest idea as they keep insisting that I’m wrong and there is an 11 digit number that should have even though my SPG and Marriott has successfully combined. I’ve explained to them that Marriott ditched my SPG number and kept my original Marriott number after the combining of reward accounts, and that reward number is only 9 digits.  

After explaining twice I gave up as the rep was really starting to frustrate me. 

I know my 9 digit Marriott number works because tonight I logged into Amex and transferred 1k MR points to Marriott Rewards using the 9 digit number and it posted to my Marriott account instantly.  

Ugh!  I can’t wait until this crap gets sorted out.  

Message 21 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

Marriott is looking like a clown to others in the industry as this debacle unfolds.  

Amex doesn’t have the foggiest idea as they keep insisting that I’m wrong and there is an 11 digit number that should have even though my SPG and Marriott has successfully combined. I’ve explained to them that Marriott ditched my SPG number and kept my original Marriott number after the combining of reward accounts, and that reward number is only 9 digits.  

After explaining twice I gave up as the rep was really starting to frustrate me. 

I know my 9 digit Marriott number works because tonight I logged into Amex and transferred 1k MR points to Marriott Rewards using the 9 digit number and it posted to my Marriott account instantly.  

Ugh!  I can’t wait until this crap gets sorted out.  

Yeah, they certainly could have done a much better job.  Very sorry to hear of your problems.  My merge of the 2 accounts went ok though I'm not sure if they got the total nights correct.  My SPG points were tripled and added to my existing Marriott points without any issues other than being a couple of days late.  I am missing 4800 points from August SPG statement so hopefully, that will be corrected soon.  The number of points I have is mind-boggling, a sure sign that I need to use some up before too long.

Message 22 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You have WAY too many points....too much to keep up with. I’ll pm you my Marriott rewards number to take half off your hands. You don’t have to thank me, I’m just being a good MYfico citizen. 

😬

Message 23 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous You have WAY too many points....too much to keep up with. I’ll pm you my Marriott rewards number to take half off your hands. You don’t have to thank me, I’m just being a good MYfico citizen. 

😬

At the rate (50K/year) that Marriott allows you to transfer points to another person, it would take me well over a decade to send you half :-)

Message 24 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m literally speechless.........I don’t know if I want to urge you use some points and have fun or turn to a life of crime with the goal of trying to steal your points. 

smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 25 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I’m literally speechless.........I don’t know if I want to urge you use some points and have fun or turn to a life of crime with the goal of trying to steal your points. 

smiley-laughing021.gif

Hah. Made me laugh with that comment Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 87
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

😬

At the rate (50K/year) that Marriott allows you to transfer points to another person, it would take me well over a decade to send you half :-)

@Anonymous. Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised   Smiley LOL

shocked-baby-look.jpg

Message 27 of 87
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been waiting two days for my August statement to be available, and it just posted now. The section at the end of the statement that normally shows the current month's SPG Starpoints Earned is missing. Also, at the top of the statement in the small box that says Starpoints earned this period, instead of a Starpoint amount it says "To view your Points balance, visit spg.com."

I logged into my SPG account and it doesn't show my August points posted yet and AMEX still shows my old SPG prior to get the new number for my combined accounts. I'll probably wait a day or two before contacting AMEX or SPG. 

Grrrr.  That one's frustrating!  So it sounds like your statement closed post-merge.

Message 28 of 87
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sure calling Marriott will not be a pleasant experience as I am sure everyone and their grandmother is calling in right now.   Since I have 33k points for August I am little worried about them losing them in the shuffle.  

Yeah, no sign of my 31k points either and of course my Amex account still shows my old SPG number.

Message 29 of 87
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

😬

I'm surprised you didn't find any use of those points before the changes unless the goal was to use them post-merger. Smiley Surprised

Message 30 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.