August Starwood Preferred Guest Statements

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: August Starwood Preferred Guest Statements

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

No improvements on my end since the Amex points finally posted.  Still missing an elite night credit from Starwood and my London reservation still says I need to order a new 210,000 point certificate (which should already have a 240k point certificate attached).  Smiley Sad

On the bright side, I did get my change in terms letter from Amex today (no cards yet; since I know they're no better looking than the regular ones I'm in no rush).  They are giving me until October to change my mind on the upgrade, and then in October I will be charged a prorated annual fee and given a prorated AF refund on vanilla SPG.  So combined with the $300 statement credit I should get this weekend in Canada and the spend $300+ get $60 back at US locations I'll get the following weekend, my card's already paid for itself without even considering the free night certificate I'll get in March. 

@K-in-Boston still trying to figure out the criteria for getting the offer to upgrade.  My wife still doesn't have it on her regular SPG.  And for the spend $300+ get $60 back, that's only showing on my PRG, I really wish it was on my Platinum or SPG, that'd be sweet.

All of my missing points have posted but my night count still isn't correct.  My old SPG loyalty number has since been removed from my personal SPG and rather than being replaced with my new Marriott Rewards number it now shows unavailable.  What a mess this has been.

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 6.37.23 AM.png

The missing loyalty number should be easy to fix. Just open a chat with Amex and tell them your number and they will fit it on the spot. 

I did.  The same day I received my new combined number...which was a week ago.  They informed me that it would be fixed within a couple of days...so far they've managed to removed the old one but not replace it with the new number.  

Message 81 of 87
mdd0214
Contributor

I plan to use my new Lux to pay for a Marriott room upgrade this weekend. I happened to see the Marriott offer for $300/$60 and added it to the card. 

There is no way these will stack, is there? I'm doubtful. Maybe it will take care of breakfast and room charges. 

Message 82 of 87
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

They should totally stack, but I won’t be able to test it. I have a revenue stay in Canada 🇨🇦 this weekend that should wipe out the $300 credit, but the $60 statement credit for $300 spend at Marriott will come the following weekend since the offer is US-only.
Message 83 of 87
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

American Express SPG Luxury Card $300 Credit Does Apply On Upgrade Offers In The First Year

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-spg-luxury-card-300-credit-does-apply-on-upgrade-off...

B97CD82E-F974-4DFB-9C18-FA0739FC2205.jpeg6026812E-B39F-4528-B6EC-9D3D2093A708.jpeg

Message 84 of 87
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Saleen099 thanks for that.  That was my intuition (see post above yours).  So I should get a prorated AF refund of about $47.50 for my SPG card, and a prorated AF of about $225 for SPG Luxury.  Taking into account the $47.50 I will have paid for half a year of vanilla SPG, that's $272.50.  With the $300 credit on the Canadian stay, and the $60 Amex offer I'll get the following week for a US stay, I'm net -$87.50 in annual fees already!

Message 85 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

My August SPG Biz points posted yesterday when my September statement cut.  I wonder if they hold points back for two statements for new accounts and this had nothing to do with the change over.

I was looking to book some hotels next summer and when I try and reserve nothing is available for a lot of  the design hotels.  When I click to reserve a date it takes me to SPG site. I thought they were totally integrated.  I guess not.  

Message 86 of 87
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was looking to book some hotels next summer and when I try and reserve nothing is available for a lot of  the design hotels.  When I click to reserve a date it takes me to SPG site. I thought they were totally integrated.  I guess not.  

I had the same experience as well booking rooms earlier this month. Looks like the SPG properties still go throught the legacy website while Marriott/RC uses Marriott website as expected.

Message 87 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.