Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User address question

tag
BostonGirlNLA
Established Member

Authorized User address question

My Boyfriend has a 800 credit score and a very clean and pristine credit report...about 70k in available credit with low utilization always making payments early.

I have NO credit history.  Cleaned up my credit report and since I have not been using credit.

My Boyfriend has added me as an AU to his Amex on Monday (3/25) and his Citi but we do not live together...do I need to add his address to my credit report to have Amex and Citi start reporting AU TradeLInes on my report or just sit and wait.  I've read some conflicting submissions on this forum and just wanted to check....

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BostonGirlNLA
Established Member

Re: Authorized User address question

anyone?

Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

No just be patient it will report. All he had to do was add you.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
PSouz
Contributor

I hope not, I just added my girlfriend to my BCE as an AU but we don't have the same address

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 4 of 6
BostonGirlNLA
Established Member

Thank you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Should definitely report; I think the conflicting information is around whether creditors will discount them or not.

Once they report, I would strongly encourage you to go pickup a few cards of your own Smiley Happy.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.