Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User doubt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User doubt

Hello...

I want to add my 18 years old sister as an authorized user for my Discover More card, but I have doubts...

- She doesn't have credit history, will be the card reported to her file? Because I want help her to establish credit, or doesn't it matter and won't be helpful to her in any way?

- If I request it through Discover website, it doesn't ask for a SSN, only for a first name and a last name... do Discover report authorized users or not?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Authorized User doubt

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello...

I want to add my 18 years old sister as an authorized user for my Discover More card, but I have doubts...

- She doesn't have credit history, will be the card reported to her file? Because I want help her to establish credit, or doesn't it matter and won't be helpful to her in any way?

- If I request it through Discover website, it doesn't ask for a SSN, only for a first name and a last name... do Discover report authorized users or not?

Thanks.

It will help her if it reports, it will automatically give her a credit score based on your 1 account, which would normally take her 6months to establish her own.

they also don't require your SSN in most cases to report AU's. They can look for names that match in the cities you are living in or you have lived in to find a match. If current addresses are the same it will almost always report. And Yes they report AU's.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@distantarray wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello...

Thanks.

It will help her if it reports, it will automatically give her a credit score based on your 1 account, which would normally take her 6months to establish her own.

they also don't require your SSN in most cases to report AU's. They can look for names that match in the cities you are living in or you have lived in to find a match. If current addresses are the same it will almost always report. And Yes they report AU's.

Thank you...

But I can't get clear at all how they don't ask for a SSN, it will be more safe to them knowing that they have the correct person to report... I don't know.

Message 3 of 4
distantarray
Established Contributor

yea it seems weird, but if your really concerned you can call them and have them take the SSN =p

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.