Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User for Chase Freedom

tag
dude11
Regular Contributor

Re: Authorized User for Chase Freedom

It sounds like they won't report on his CR since they are not asking for his SS. When you go to apply for a new Chase Freedom card it gives you the ability to get additional cards for whomever you'd like by just entering their First and Last names. Sounds like maybe they are going away from giving you the ability to add an AU that gets the benefits of the tradeline being reported to their CR?

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dude11 wrote:

It sounds like they won't report on his CR since they are not asking for his SS. When you go to apply for a new Chase Freedom card it gives you the ability to get additional cards for whomever you'd like by just entering their First and Last names. Sounds like maybe they are going away from giving you the ability to add an AU that gets the benefits of the tradeline being reported to their CR?

They advised it would report and the SSN was not needed.  Just dont understand how you can report something on anyone's CR without proper verification (i.e., SSN).

Message 12 of 18
cdtotten
Established Contributor

When you add someone as an AU for a card and no social security number is required, the person will still likely be reported if they have the same physical address as you. If they do not request a SSN and the AUs address is different, then it will not report to the CRAs.

My wife is an AU on all my cards, including a Chase Freedom, and Chase did not ask for her SSN - the card is reporting on all 3 bureaus however.

Keep in mind the CCC is under no responsibility to report the AU (or you as primary account holder) to the CRAs - only that if they do post information, that it is correct.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
ebeds18
Established Member

I just called Chase today to get added to my fathers Slate card. My father did it and they only asked for my name. I though that was odd so I called back and the lady I spoke to said in order to be reported they needed to as me as liable or something along those lines. She said they would send me a form and all I had to do was put my SSN and DOB. Once they verified my info they would start reporting on my CRs. My father has a 15k limit with no balance how many points do you think my FICO will go up by?

Eric

Message 14 of 18
ajh5408
Contributor

@ebeds18 wrote:

I just called Chase today to get added to my fathers Slate card. My father did it and they only asked for my name. I though that was odd so I called back and the lady I spoke to said in order to be reported they needed to as me as liable or something along those lines. She said they would send me a form and all I had to do was put my SSN and DOB. Once they verified my info they would start reporting on my CRs. My father has a 15k limit with no balance how many points do you think my FICO will go up by?

Eric

How much your score will go up will depend entirely on what your report looks like now. FWIW, AU accounts should be used to help you establish your own credit accounts in the short-term, because they are often not factored into auto/home loan applications, and even some card providers strip them out.

But when you get that form, if you could reply back with any identifying info like the heading or form ID (or the form itself), that could be tremendously helpful to a lot of people.

Message 15 of 18
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

When I added my sister as an AU to my Freedom, they said it would not report unless they added her as a joint applicant which required paperwork.  I just listed her as an AU.  It doesn't show up on her reports, at least EQ.  We have the same last name, but dont have the same current address or even live in the same state.  Her current address is listed on my EX (only) though as a previous address.

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 16 of 18
ebeds18
Established Member

I just got the paperwork the other day. It states "who are you adding as a joint cardholder?" It asks for my name, social, DOB, Place of employment, address, and for me and the cardholder to sign. Thats it. It states it may pull my credit report just to verify my info, same as what the customer service rep told me. Ill let you know if it starts reporting and if my score changes.

Message 17 of 18
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

You will actually get all the benefit of the cards history, it won't show up as an AU it will say "JOINT" - I put my mother on my chase freedom she doesn't live at the same address as me, and we haven't lived together in 6+ years... they linked her some how because it does indeed show on her CR... so I believe it goes by more than address it must link assoication if one exists
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.