Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User on CC Question

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized User on CC Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Since your social was never provided, my guess is that it's not going to be reported to any bureaus. The only upside to this is that if that card ever goes delinquent, you won't be affected. I know for a fact that Cap1 and Chase do ask for social security #'s for authorised users.

It can be reported without a SS#. I know this because my son was added to one of my cards without a SS# being provided.

I agree that not every CC issuer will report an AU. You need to call them and make sure.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 08 originally was going to drop AUs from scoring altogether, but it made it back in. However, one does wonder whether FICO scoring model screens out recently added AUs.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20080812-authorized-users-a1.asp

Message 12 of 15
schniery
Established Member

Yea I am hoping it shows up even though they didn't ask for my SS#.  My dad even asked them if they needed it and they replied no.  We have the same last name, I have lived at the same addresss he has listed in the past etc.  Keeping my fingers crossed it shows up!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Since your social was never provided, my guess is that it's not going to be reported to any bureaus. The only upside to this is that if that card ever goes delinquent, you won't be affected. I know for a fact that Cap1 and Chase do ask for social security #'s for authorised users.

Chase didn't ask for my girlfriend's social when I added her an an AU.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase didn't ask for my girlfriend's social when I added her an an AU.

Do you know if they reported it on her CRs?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.