Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized Users

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized Users

Ok, My dad just added my as an authorized user to his chase credit card.  I was under the impression that they report on all credit burearus for AU.  WHen he added me, all they asked for was my name. Thats it.  He then called to find out and they told him, chase would not report on my credit report, just his because hes the primary card holder.  Now, i have been reading here on the forums and some people stated that it does report.  They didnt ask for my social, so I am not sure if they do or not report. 

Anyone have any ideas...? Thanks!Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized Users

I have heard some banks don't report AU. I am not sure which ones though.

Are you a college student? If so, you may want to try to get your own card.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

not a student. Just trying to rebuild. Was just wondering if they would still report with just your name.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

As indicated on other threads, banks and CCCs do not need your SSN to report on your CR.  Presumably they can use your address or some other means of identifying you.

People here have had mixed results with Chase reporting AU. 

Evidenced here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Does-Chase-AU-report-to-CRA-s/m-p/609020#M195870

and here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-AU-question/m-p/645625#M207552

and here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-AU/m-p/153452#M46939

and here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-JCM-not-AU/m-p/907634#M262695

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update I was reading in some threads to help you out:

SSN is optional with some companies. Some just take name and DOB. DOB is now mandatory to make sure the AU is 18 years or older.

Amex requests the name, SSN, DOB and mailing address to know where to send the card. 

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh ok.  Chase just asked for my name and sending card to my dads address.  Which is also an old address listed on my reports...hoping they do report.

thanks! going to check out the threads

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called BofA with the same question. They said I needed to clarify that I did want my card to report on my girlfriend's credit card as an AU and I would have to call them back with her DOB and SSN to have that happen. I'm guessing same with everywhere because I'm not seeing her Citicard on my CR which I'm an AU for. I'll have to call Citi to have them add me.

Message 7 of 22
favre_2_free
New Contributor

HSBC doesn't report my RWZMC on my Mom's credit and she's an AU on my account.

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asking for DOB or SSN depends on the card company, I added my wife and daughter to my Gemb accounts and they didn't ask for anything but names, and they report to all of the credit bureaus.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

got it. Now i am confused about amex.  My dad is going to add me.  Now, he went to "add additional" card holders to add me.  I believe they will send me my card with different card numbers but both linked to the same acct correct? my thing is, once they issue me my card with a different card number, will the history on that card reflect on my cr or will it only reflect the time I start to use it.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.