Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized Users

tag
jackg
Established Contributor

Authorized Users

Last week my wife applied for a HSBC/Orchard Bank card and was approved. On Monday she received the card and after calling in to activate the card she began to set up the on line access and request an authorized user card, for yours truly. There wasn't any where on the site to request an AU so she sent them an email inquiring about it. The response was that authorized users were not being accepted for this account but they could set up a joint account.
My first thought is that it's connected to the new FICO scoring model that disallows AU's and they are shutting them off now in anticipation of the new model going into effect.

Anyone have any ideas?
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized Users

I just looked online with Orchard (I have a sock drawer Orchard Mastercard) because I seem to recall that there was a link in the personal profile tab that said send me an authorized user card.  It is however no longer there, or my memory is faulty...Take your pick.
Sorry it doesn't look like you'll get an AU on that card, but the good news is that you'll keep all the history if you do go joint and getting a card from Orchard is pretty easy.

Van

Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

That's interesting if that is what Orchard is doing, because the only thing that will change is the reporting of the history on an AU's report. It's not like AU's will no longer be allowed. There's still plenty of reasons to have AU cards available --think teenaged offspring who can't get credit until they're 18 anyway.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the Orchard Bank app, towards the bottom, they ask if you want to have any authorized users on the account. It's definitely an option at the moment of account opening, but maybe they have some sort of ridiculous policy of not letting one change that after opening? It is HSBC afterall.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.