cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user Amex Plat with no social?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized user Amex Plat with no social?

Does anyone know if I can add an authoirzed user to my Amex Plat card without providing her SSN?  She does have one, but, well, it's complicated.  Anyone know?  Like what would they do if someone wanted to add a foreign national, etc?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Authorized user Amex Plat with no social?

I doubt they'll check. I've read that you can just make up numbers in the format of a SSN and be fine.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 2 of 10
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

You don't need social for an AU on AMEX. I have one without social on my Zync card.

Message 3 of 10
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Hmmm... ibmrad7, how long ago was that? Did you try to add the AU during the card application process or after you were already approved and have received the card?
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 4 of 10
Luscher
Valued Contributor

You can put any social or no social or put a random name. Honestly it doesn't matter, its just another card for another person you trust to use. Just like for the extra 5k for the CSP bonus by adding an AU (can be any name, they don't care) you will get a bonus and have technically nobody as your AU, just a fake name.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 10
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Hmmm... ibmrad7, how long ago was that? Did you try to add the AU during the card application process or after you were already approved and have received the card?

I was already approved a year ago or so, just called them, they asked for social and I mentioned my mom doesn't have a social. She said no issues.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

my wife didn't need to put a social security # when she added me as an authorized user on one of her cards with Chase.  The three bureus found out about me anyways... it actually worked out for the better.  835 fico score now :-D

Message 7 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

my wife didn't need to put a social security # when she added me as an authorized user on one of her cards with Chase.  The three bureus found out about me anyways... it actually worked out for the better.  835 fico score now :-D

interesting thread. no lets get back to amex. i will give it a shot now. for my Dw. who is foreign national. i wonder. how it will go.

Message 8 of 10
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Can you add her yes!!! Will it report, probably not. But yes you can get a physical AU card
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 9 of 10
newhis
Valued Contributor

I got approved online with ITIN.

I read that if you call and say the person doesn't have a SSN they will give you the card without problem.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.