cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user or lower credit limit?

tag
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Authorized user or lower credit limit?

on the hard copies of your report does it list that account as an authorized user or a joint account holder?

should be a section labeled "account responsibility" you can find this information in

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 11 of 13
sdevine42

@Creditaddict wrote:

@sdevine42 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@sdevine42 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Chase is one of the few banks these days that DOES allow you to request to remove a "Joint" account holder", not sure about AU but I guess why not because it's basically like you and your father applying for new credit... Chase will not only pull a HP on you to see if you can qualify on your own for the $25k but they will HP your father to see if he qualifies for the $25k limit... you can find yourself with a CLOSED account in the end if they don't like it... but they won't issue you the account with lower limit, it will either be:

1. Declined for removing father and account will stay joint between the 2 of you.

2. Declined to both of you and the account closed or sometimes CLD.

3. They approve you and remove father and you would retain account with the $25k.

Very interesting stuff. Thanks Creditaddict. I'm beginning to get the vibe that it may be best to just leave it as is. Is it correct to assume that if I am only an AU that the $25k will be incorporated into my utilization calc?

What Card is it?

Chase Slate

That should report limit on your credit and help.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for your help.

Message 12 of 13
sdevine42

@ryanbush wrote:

on the hard copies of your report does it list that account as an authorized user or a joint account holder?

should be a section labeled "account responsibility" you can find this information in

I actually haven't run the report yet. My plan was to figure this situation out and run it after.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.