Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user snafu w Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized user snafu w Chase

Just called Chase to add an AU for the sole purpose of CB reporting and they didn't want her SSN By saying  "youre 100% responsible anyway so..."  

I just did this w Discover last week and no prob, she's already being reported.

Can this be recon'd?

Please advise. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized user snafu w Chase

@Anonymous wrote:

Just called Chase to add an AU for the sole purpose of CB reporting and they didn't want her SSN By saying  "youre 100% responsible anyway so..."  

I just did this w Discover last week and no prob, she's already being reported.

Can this be recon'd?

Please advise. 

Thanks

I'm not sure what you want to recon.  Are you saying that they didn't add her as an AU?  They don't need a SSN to do and more companies don't request one to add an AU.  You can easily add an authorized used from your online account and you'll see that they don't ask for an SSN.

Message 2 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I just became an AU on one of my moms Chase cards they didnt ask for SSN and it only is reporting to the 2 CRAs that have her address as mine, the other CRA still has my previous address reporting and the AU account doesnt show so I think the person being added would have to be at the same address as the primary.

Message 3 of 11
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I just became an AU on one of my moms Chase cards they didnt ask for SSN and it only is reporting to the 2 CRAs that have her address as mine, the other CRA still has my previous address reporting and the AU account doesnt show so I think the person being added would have to be at the same address as the primary.

This is exactly it. They use public records to link you and don't need your SSN to find you. Credit card companies only use SSN because it's easier to find you but they can cross reference all sorts of information to find your report without it.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did add her but since she's not the same address and didn't ask for her SSN I fear nothing will report for her to the CB's, which was the sole purpose of adding her as an AU---to glom off my lengthy history and CL.  How can I get Chase to go that extra step?  Thanks

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They did add her but since she's not the same address and didn't ask for her SSN I fear nothing will report for her to the CB's, which was the sole purpose of adding her as an AU---to glom off my lengthy history and CL.  How can I get Chase to go that extra step?  Thanks

There really isn't much more that you can do.  They arent going to alter their policies to ensure that it reports on her files.  Banks and CRAs have lessened the impact of being added as an AU because of past abuses of the practice.

Message 6 of 11
bldmt
Regular Contributor

I added someone to my Slate 2 years ago when I opened it, no SSN was asked for and it has been on their reports since.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should still catch up I moved out and moved back in with my mother everything was still smooth adding AU when I added my brother to my chase account who never moved at all. AS stated above if you cross references old addresses that are still valid it should still work

Message 8 of 11
shanac
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, it has been a few months so my memory is foggy but I do believe I had the same scenario with CSP and my best friend. I called back and asked them if I could give her SSN so that the card would report on her credit reports. It has been reporting for a few months now. 

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 11
egaithe
Regular Contributor

But how can they report it on someone's credit report without a SSN? There are people out there with the same name, how does the credit bureau know that they have the correct person?

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Goal: 750s in all
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.