Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized user

I have a Capital One master card for six months now, I'm not carrying any balance on it. Last month I added my wife as an authorized user, the new billing cycle started yesterday so I checked her credit report today to see if that account started showing up, and it did, but only on Experian. Now my question is, will it show on the other credit bureaus eventually?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized user

You'll find that your CCs won't report exactly at the same time. EX is usually the fastest, followed by EQ and TU, sometimes up to a couple to a few days later in some cases.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh Ok, thanks a lot llecs, I was concern because of all those rumors about Fico not taking into consideration authorized users.

Message 3 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh Ok, thanks a lot llecs, I was concern because of all those rumors about Fico not taking into consideration authorized users.

I wish those rumors would go away but such is the power of the internet to perpetuate both the true and not so true. It's been several years since the decision was made to continue to include AU's in scoring but the urban myth that says that FICO has dropped AU's from scoring continues.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate it.

Message 5 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

There was some discussion about it being removed from scoring, but that apparently didn't go anywhere ~ FICO has not changed, it still counts AUs, and as far as I know they haven't communicated anything regarding changing this.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 11
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a Capital One master card for six months now, I'm not carrying any balance on it. Last month I added my wife as an authorized user, the new billing cycle started yesterday so I checked her credit report today to see if that account started showing up, and it did, but only on Experian. Now my question is, will it show on the other credit bureaus eventually?

It may tack up to 30 day for it to show up. I have found it will be on TU and EX for some reasion EQ it does not show up, my mum has be on her captial one card it was on EQ then it stoped, I have a captial one in my name and have a friend on it but it does not show up on EQ.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot everybody for taking the time to answer me. Everyday I learn some more about how credit works I'm glad i found this forum.

Message 8 of 11
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

It was talked about because there were companies that would match a user to someone with excellant credit that, for a fee, would allow that jser to be added as an AU to one or more of their accounts. They were being set up such that the person who was paying to become an AU could never actually be able to charge anything on their "new" accounts or to make any changes.

That way the paying person would be able to game the system in a fraudulent, but not nessearily illegal, way.
Message 9 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Chris123nTx wrote:
It was talked about because there were companies that would match a user to someone with excellant credit that, for a fee, would allow that jser to be added as an AU to one or more of their accounts. They were being set up such that the person who was paying to become an AU could never actually be able to charge anything on their "new" accounts or to make any changes.

That way the paying person would be able to game the system in a fraudulent, but not nessearily illegal, way.

How could something be fraudulent but not illegal?

Some of the synonyms of fraudulent: crooked, deceitful, defrauding, dishonest, double dealing, false.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.