Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto CLI on DH's PayPal SC!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Auto CLI on DH's PayPal SC!!!

As part of his rebuild, my DH opened a PayPal SC account last May, with a starting CL of $600. After four months they auto increased him to $800 -- a small increase, but moving in the right direction nonetheless. I manage his accounts for him -- with his explicit permission -- and so today I logged in to check on his account. They gave him another auto increase, this time doubling his CL to $1600! Forward progress is always a good thing. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto CLI on DH's PayPal SC!!!

good stuff, it always feels so good! 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 22
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thats an excellent increase! 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@tinuviel wrote:

As part of his rebuild, my DH opened a PayPal SC account last May, with a starting CL of $600. After four months they auto increased him to $800 -- a small increase, but moving in the right direction nonetheless. I manage his accounts for him -- with his explicit permission -- and so today I logged in to check on his account. They gave him another auto increase, this time doubling his CL to $1600! Forward progress is always a good thing. Smiley Happy

This is great news/progress!  And, absent of initiating a CLI - it was all done automatically and doubled!

Message 4 of 22
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!! Nice work DH
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!

I bet you could get that up to like 4-5K if you call the backdoor number for GE Credit Solutions. 1 877 379 8173.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 22
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!

I bet you could get that up to like 4-5K if you call the backdoor number for GE Credit Solutions. 1 877 379 8173.

My DH does NOT like to talk to banks; we all have our quirks and this is one of his. (ETA: By contrast, I handle all of our banking, have a congenial face to face relationship with all of the tellers and CSR staff at our local bank, etc. He hates it; I enjoy it. It's nice when a couple's strengths and weaknesses balance each other out.) He'd have to be the one to talk to them since it's his account, so this won't happen. At any rate, he still has a CO that will remain on his reports for couple of years more. That's his one and only blemish at this point. Once it drops off, he'll be posititioned with several accounts that have had time to season and develop history, and at that point in time doors should fly open for him. Until then, he'd prefer to just go slow and steady. I'm just happy to watch everything moving forward for him.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 22
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Congrats to him - nothing like an auto CLI... Smiley Happy

I just received auto CLIs in the last couple of days on my Amazon store card, and also Discover 2-3 weeks ago.  Somehow it's more satisfying than if I ask for one myself - I like to think it means the creditor has recognized my responsible card usage and rewarded me for it. 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 8 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@tinuviel wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!

My DH does NOT like to talk to banks; we all have our quirks and this is one of his. (ETA: By contrast, I handle all of our banking, have a congenial face to face relationship with all of the tellers and CSR staff at our local bank, etc. He hates it; I enjoy it. It's nice when a couple's strengths and weaknesses balance each other out.) He'd have to be the one to talk to them since it's his account, so this won't happen. At any rate, he still has a CO that will remain on his reports for couple of years more. That's his one and only blemish at this point. Once it drops off, he'll be posititioned with several accounts that have had time to season and develop history, and at that point in time doors should fly open for him. Until then, he'd prefer to just go slow and steady. I'm just happy to watch everything moving forward for him.

Lol! I thought I was reading my own post! I am in the same exact situation. 

Congrats on the CLI- GE rocks!

Message 9 of 22
thirst305
New Contributor

Does PP SC card generate a statement if it has a 0 balance and no activity?  Will it generate a statement if it has 0 balance but activity within the month?  

Lastly, have others gotten a CLI without using the card?

Thanks!

Ch7 BK discharged 3/2009
Bloomies (10/99): 4k Alliant (8/10): 4k
SCEFCU Visa (9/12): 6k SCEFCU auto (9/12): 22k
Barclays Apple (10/11): 5k iTunes: 3k SLM: 15k
Amazon (8/12): 15k Walmart store (9/12): 6K
Partners (9/12): 20k CapOnex2 (1/10): 10k Discover IT (3/13): 5k
SDFCU: 20k Amex BCE: 8k
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.