tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Auto Cli for CSP but just approved for the United in the glitch pre approval

2 weeks ago a family member got approved
On the chase pre approval glitch for the united $9800
But she has the CSP from aug with a $12700
Hoping to get a auto Cli or if not to ask one
Will the recent approval on United take away from the chance to get the auto Cli on the CSP since she just got the United?
Or it’s a separate calculation in their end of chase ? For the limit
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Auto Cli for CSP but just approved for the United in the glitch pre approval

If your family friend is spending $12000 each month since recent approval, go ahead and ask. Whether it's a good idea to draw attention to a different account, that should be up to your friend. It's their credit.
If anything happens, it wont affect anyone here, not sure if it will affect you, but it will certainly affect them.

Which brings me to my next question, does your friend feel like $12000 is not enough for their spending, or is that your idea?

No offense, I'm certain you're just trying to help, but sometimes helping and intervening too much can look very similar on a surface.

Message 2 of 20
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Re: Auto Cli for CSP but just approved for the United in the glitch pre approval

Yes spends a month like 7-8k at least
Message 3 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'd give it three to six more months, if no auto CLI, they can call or send secure message. There will be a HP.
Results with Chase and CLIs are mixed bag. Sometimes it's good, other times, not so good.

I'm not sure what their income is like and if they are new to Chase. If they are new, waiting longer us better in terms of results.
If that level of spend continues, it shows a need for CLI, PIF will help with internal scoring and time will help with their willingness to extend more credit in the light of a new card being approved just a few weeks ago.
Message 4 of 20
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:
2 weeks ago a family member got approved
On the chase pre approval glitch for the united $9800
But she has the CSP from aug with a $12700
Hoping to get a auto Cli or if not to ask one
Will the recent approval on United take away from the chance to get the auto Cli on the CSP since she just got the United?
Or it’s a separate calculation in their end of chase ? For the limit

Is this person over 5/24? If so, by how much?

If over 5/24, I'd be really careful about poking the bear for a CLI so soon.

I agree 6 months or so is a good space to allow before a CLI request.

In August 2020 is this person expecting to upgrade the CSP to a CSR? With that volume of spend, it can make a big difference on some of the values of the points.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Tell friend not to depend on an auto cli and when timing is right might be better to apply for a cli if current limit insufficient. Something tells me someone spending 7-9k monthly has a pretty good income but Chase normally gives sls they feel a client is worth in the moment. Good luck to friend.
Message 6 of 20
Jccflat
Established Contributor

NRB525 I think It’s over by 2 cards on the 5/24

So I guess to wait 6 months
And yes planing to do the upgrade to the CSR to get the maximum value out of this points I told her not to use it till the upgrade for that reason am I correct?
Message 7 of 20
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:
NRB525 I think It’s over by 2 cards on the 5/24

So I guess to wait 6 months
And yes planing to do the upgrade to the CSR to get the maximum value out of this points I told her not to use it till the upgrade for that reason am I correct?

If one has a CSP, it is one of the better points systems available. No one suggested not using the CSP. The CSR does earn more points in the dining and travel categories, and adds Priority Pass lounge access, so the CSR makes more sense vs the annual fee for a big spender. The CSP is probably earning better value points than other cards in this persons wallet. 

If your last sentence refers to "don't _use_ the UR points until you have a CSR", that only makes sense if the cardholder plans to purchase travel through the Chase Travel Portal. For transfers of UR points to partners such as United, there is no difference between CSP and CSR. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 20
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Right
He uses allot the CSP for non dining purchases
i wonder if at the end of the day it worse more than a 2% 3% cash back card ?
The UR points he plans to use for travel in the future
Message 9 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:
Right
He uses allot the CSP for non dining purchases
i wonder if at the end of the day it worse more than a 2% 3% cash back card ?
The UR points he plans to use for travel in the future

It really depends how he eventually redeems them.   Non-dining(non travel) purchases earn 1UR per $, worth 1.25c through the portal with CSP.   Obviously not as good as even the Quicksilver, let alone a 2% card.  However, if he is able to do a "good" redemption by transferring points, he COULD do better than 2-3%    But a lot of redemptions, especially for domestic and economy flights, are unlikely to reach that.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.