Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Automatic Approval

@Anonymous wrote:
By the way is there any reason why I don't get pre-approved on BOA website? I have good history and scores 

If you've ever had a CO with BofA or with MBNA, then they will not preapprove you for a card regardless of scores.
Message 11 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Also, if you're opted-out, you won't get any pre-approvals from anywhere. They need to be able to soft your accounts for a pre-approval.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was actually thinking. I might be OPT OUT because I haven't got any pre-approval offers for a while, except for Discover More that are mailing me one every week, and my FICO scores are EX 721, EQ 733, TU 730. How do I find out for sure? and how do I OPT back IN? Do I have to do it separately for every bureau?
Message 13 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

Same site works for opting both out and in, and it will take care of all three bureaus. I don't think it will show you your current status (whether you're in or out), so you just click whichever you want.

I think it took 3-4 weeks for junk to hit my mailbox when I opted back in.

I do remember feeling mystified and a little hurt when I couldn't even get an offer for a secured card on the BofA pre-app site! Smiley Very Happy --it was because I had opted out.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Also, if you're opted-out, you won't get any pre-approvals from anywhere. They need to be able to soft your accounts for a pre-approval.

The exception to this would be an issuer that you already have a relationship with. Some use internal history.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW i talked to Alliant loan officer today. She told me that since the pre-approvals are automatic they usually look at your file after you choose to accept an offer... Had anybody got denied or given a different ammount from what he received on the pre-approval?
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.