Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Card Conversion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Automatic Card Conversion?

I first got my Citi Plat Select (student version) Jan '09. I've recently asked 4 different CSR's if I had the regular version or the student version of the card...they all said I do NOT have the student version. I first wondered because I noticed awhile back that the Extra Cash benefit was added to my account (without my asking), and they recently added the Thank You Reward system to my account as well. Neither of these came with the student version of the Plat Select. I got a 800 cli month 5 of having the card. Initial limit was 1000.

Has anyone experienced automatic/unknown product conversions/upgrades? Is it common with student cards?

FYI I just product changed this card to the DP Amex.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Automatic Card Conversion?

@Anonymous wrote:

I first got my Citi Plat Select (student version) Jan '09. I've recently asked 4 different CSR's if I had the regular version or the student version of the card...they all said I do NOT have the student version. I first wondered because I noticed awhile back that the Extra Cash benefit was added to my account (without my asking), and they recently added the Thank You Reward system to my account as well. Neither of these came with the student version of the Plat Select. I got a 800 cli month 5 of having the card. Initial limit was 1000.

Has anyone experienced automatic/unknown product conversions/upgrades? Is it common with student cards?

FYI I just product changed this card to the DP Amex.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Be aware that 500K Thank You rewards cards were recently targeted by Citi for addition of an AF with outs. If you do not have use for this program I would PC away from it ASAP.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone else?

Message 3 of 7
Peach8321
Frequent Contributor

I've never had a student card, but I had a USAA MC and it "upgraded" to a World card recently without my doing anything.

Are you still a student?  Some applications for student cards ask for dates and they might switch you if you graduated in May...

Current Scores: EQ: 740 (2/7/13)

Starting Score: 799
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's interesting. How long did you have it before they converted it? I'm still a student.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just yesterday I got a letter that my amazon.com Chase card is being upgraded to a new one with better rewards options.
Message 6 of 7
Peach8321
Frequent Contributor

I've had it about 2 years (in Oct) and it updated shortly after the 1 year anniversary, although they had options for me to do it earlier, I didn't bother so they did it for me.

Althought USAA can be a bit odd in the CC industry...

Current Scores: EQ: 740 (2/7/13)

Starting Score: 799
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.