cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically upgraded to Macy's Amex

Highlighted
Established Member

Automatically upgraded to Macy's Amex

I've had the Macy's store card for two years now, having been given the starting limit of $300 back in April 2017. In the two years since, my limit has made gradual increases to $15,000. When I went to pay my card this month, I was told I'd been automatically upgraded to the Amex card. My balance has never gone above $700 or so, so I get the feeling they're just trying to get me to use the card more.  I'm still happy about this, but I also don't plan to use it any more than I did and will try to treat as if it were still just a store card.

BoA Cash Rewards ($7k) | Macy's Amex ($15k) | Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles ($28.5k) | Uber Barclaycard ($6.15k) | Amex Gold Card (NPSL) | Belk ($8k) | Discover It Chrome Student ($3.9k) |
Total Credit Line: $68.55k
Experian: 772 | Equifax: 763 | TransUnion: 754
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Automatically upgraded to Macy's Amex

Congrats on your upgrade! 

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Established Contributor

I was upgraded just last week as well. Mind you I’ve had a Macys card since 94 and it’s my second oldest card. It only has a $1000 limit and still does. I rarely use it and won’t with that low limit but keep it open for age purposes. I won’t do a hard pull for an increase as I have enough credit with my other cards.  

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@EdMan63 That's the beautiful part, CLIs are SP via the app for both PLCC and AmEx version. However, recently the PLCC has changed to asking to call, but others report still having SP CLI ability.
Our FICO scoring wisdom, regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

Negative Reason Codes/Scoring Factors by CassieCard: Link to Reason Code Chart.

ccquest’s awesome workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Oct 2020. Oldest/average varies. (Estimates above.)
Real world maximums for the mortgage scores are:
EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP: (Forgive typos, mobile. Everything said is JMHO.)
In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (Mature/young), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR? AoYA? Etc...
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your upgrade!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Established Member

Definitely a soft pull. I request one every 1-2 months with instant approvals and no HP.
Apple Card $3,000
Amazon Store Card $5,000
American Express BCE $1,500
Bank of America Cash Rewards $3,500
Capital One Quicksilver $2,850
Care Credit MC $9,400
Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,600
Citi Rewards+ $4,400
Discover IT Chrome $2,700
Macy's Store Card $3,500
Torrid Credit Card $1,650
Ulta Store Card $800
Walmart MasterCard $10,000

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.