Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avant Credit Card CLI

tag
Applepro1990
Regular Contributor

Avant Credit Card CLI

Hey guys new account but not new to the forums. Lost my other account for some reason. Anyway just wondering if anyone else has the avant credit card, and if they have experienced a cli with them. I had an initial SL of $1,000 and hit the CLI button got the system error message and woke up with $1,250. Should I call them and request more. I barely use the card as I have larger limits. Thanks everyone!

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Total Credit limits $108,800
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Avant Credit Card CLI

@Applepro1990 wrote:

Hey guys new account but not new to the forums. Lost my other account for some reason. Anyway just wondering if anyone else has the avant credit card, and if they have experienced a cli with them. I had an initial SL of $1,000 and hit the CLI button got the system error message and woke up with $1,250. Should I call them and request more. I barely use the card as I have larger limits. Thanks everyone!

Honestly, they tend to be pretty conservative with CLI from my understanding and experiences with them. I think this is a pretty good development given that they gave you a $250 CLI on an "error." Sounds like it didn't really time out and their UW department/algorithm approved the CLI. 

Message 2 of 4
Applepro1990
Regular Contributor

Thanks for reply. Was honestly hoping to grow with them. I'm wondering if I should close the card since it isn't growing with me and the $39 annual fee is less than ideal these days. 

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Total Credit limits $108,800
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you feel comfortable losing the line, I think you'd be better served without it. The card obviously doesn't have much benefit outside of utilization padding at this point. If you have the ability to move into other cards (I am not familiar with your scores, but if you're in with Wells Fargo, that's a good start), then you are more of a prime profile and can get better cards than that one. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.