Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B.O.A Secured card question

tag
Chilly40
Established Member

B.O.A Secured card question

Hello all, I am new to this board Smiley Happy   I just got a secured card from B.O.A ($300.00). I was wondering how long would it take to get an unsecured card from them considering I pay my balance in full every month on time.  Also my score is now 580, if I pay my cc on time every month ..how long does it usually take b4 I will see a difference in my score,  the only other credit I have is a student loan that I have never been late on, I have been paying on that loan since 11-08.       Thanks in advance for any advice.   Im just trying to get my credit on track.  
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
smalldede
Valued Member

Re: B.O.A Secured card question

I beleive BOA secured card take 9-12 months to unsecure.

Message Edited by smalldede on 03-21-2009 01:09 PM
Message 2 of 5
nicemann
Established Contributor

Yeah mine took about 9 months.  I started off with a $300 partial secured card with BoA back in Sept 06.  I currently have $25,000 in CL with them.  Great company, just make sure you always pay on time and they will treat you right.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicemann:

Yeah mine took about 9 months.  I started off with a $300 partial secured card with BoA back in Sept 06.  I currently have $25,000 in CL with them.  Great company, just make sure you always pay on time and they will treat you right.

How did you go from $300 Secured card to $25,000 credit limit..How did you do that? tell us some secrets?

Message 4 of 5
nicemann
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nicemann:

How did you go from $300 Secured card to $25,000 credit limit..How did you do that? tell us some secrets?

I bascially use the card for everything.  Each Friday I log onto my online account and pay off the cards.  I call about every 5 - 6 months and ask for a CLI.  If I try online I get declined because I have to paid collections on my account.  When you call they can look at my soft pulled report and usually approve me more.  I was told last time they gave me a small CL and said I am maxed for my current salary but we shall see next time when I call.

Paid everything on time.  When I first got the card there was a lot of charged off CCs on my CRs (probably 6 or 7 cards).  All of them have fell off now, but even before they did I was still around $20,000 CL (on my BoA CCs) because I showed I haven't screwed up in a couple of years.  Never been late with BoA and never will be.

I wish everyone else would give me CLs like BoA.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.