Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A AMEX CLI...

tag
jp_dlp
Contributor

B of A AMEX CLI...

I recently opened a BofA regular amex card and was approved with a 1000 CL. I already have their worldpoints with 6,500kCL. Currently have 2k bal. on the Visa. I requested a CLI online for my 1k CL AMEX after 2 mos. of use. In that 2 mos, I have paid in full 4 times as after it post I pay instantly and not waiting for the statement to close. It gave me a "we'll send you a letter on the decision" I called the backdoor number and asked about it, the rep stated it was denied and I was gonna get a letter. I asked what the reason was and she put me on hold, got back talked about my CR (all clean, nothing negative except that it is too short - 3yrs) I said I am aware of that and I've been very conscious with my credit and etc (sounding that im on top of my CR situation)...

she said i'll put it up to $2500 and if thats ok. I agreed and she advised me that the most a person can get on average is 20% of their salary. that's odd but I didn't want to further the conversation. She advised me if I have forgotten I still have a gold flex LOC 10k CL and my AAA 12kCL BofA card with them with $0 balance if I want to use it,.. BTW, That AAA Card is the one I've been trying to product change but a no go since it's affinnity card.  I'll just move 11,500 of that CL to my amex if that's ok with them.

I read somewhere BofA let's you move CL to your other cards.. is that possible? would it hurt my fico score since that AAA card is now my oldest?
Current Fico Score
EX: 660 EQ: 680 TR: 690
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: B of A AMEX CLI...

Why so many cards with BofA?
Message 2 of 4
jp_dlp
Contributor

I've got only 3 with them.. that visa im referring on top is the worldpoints, the new amex I got 2 mos ago, & and AAA.. I do bank with them in the first place which makes me see everything all together.. I don't use the AAA... 
Current Fico Score
EX: 660 EQ: 680 TR: 690
Message 3 of 4
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

@jp_dlp wrote:
I read somewhere BofA let's you move CL to your other cards.. is that possible? would it hurt my fico score since that AAA card is now my oldest?

Yes, they will let you do that. Just this weekend, I called BofA and asked to do the same. My BofA VISA had a $28,100 and my BofA AmEx had a $10K limit. I asked if they could even the balances since I just made a big charge on my lower limit AmEx. After a little confusion (she thought I wanted to even my interest rates - not my limits), she finally got it. I now am at $20K with my VISA and $18,100 with my AmEx. The whole thing took about 5 minutes.

Funny, really - I got the impression that she had never been asked for a credit line DECREASE before! Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.