Did you mean: 

B of A BBR plan of attack

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: B of A BBR plan of attack

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Great info thank you.  I might have to suck it up and park $300 in a savings account with them.  Good point about having a place to dump the rewards.

Even at $26/mo in charges... Thats $312/year in general spend.  

Figure the rewards is $117 ($120 less $3 lost opporunity for 1% interest in better savings) that is still 37.5% rewards on that small general spend each month.  Even considering you could have gotten 2% elsewhere it's over 35% rewards on that $312 in general spend.  And as you say if you charge even less that % goes even higher.  Not a huge amount of money but it feels good to be able to abuse b of a with this card.

I don't have the BBR but i did open a savings with them for the redemption value. as even with the cash reward card you get 10% bonus if you redeem in a BofA account so for sure this money will just go and add to my savings each time i have a redemption. easy way to save money too.

I did open up a BofA savings for the bonus

Message 11 of 15
core
Valued Contributor

I put exactly $1 on mine each month.  They have never written off that amount, and no issues getting my $30.  I haven't tried lower balances on the BBR, but for my 123 card they will bill for even $0.01.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, how does this work?

Let's say I charge my comcast bill - 77.00. When do I pay it? When the statement cuts? Which they will email me. Or can I just pay it as soon as I charge the amount within a couple of days?

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Statement has to cut, if it there is a zero or negative balance on closing date you are disqualified, also make sure you pay after the closing date, sometimes they email you with the statement on closing date and if you pay it that day it dates to previous cycle.

Message 14 of 15
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the BBR approval!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.