cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A acct info update = balance reported to credit bureaus?

tag
Credit333
Established Member

B of A acct info update = balance reported to credit bureaus?

I thought I may have read about this on these boards...something along the lines of "if you go into your B of A online credit account and update your info (address or something like that), they report the new info, along with your balance, to the credit bureaus". Is this true? I made a  change on my acct a couple days ago in an effort to get my balance to report, as I have been planning to apply for an AmEx BCE and a Sallie Mae Barclayscard soon (hoping to do today...), but my utilization on my B of A card was 31% last month, as opposed to 0% (paid off ahead of time) this month. I know these two lenders generally pull EX and TU, respectively. Or will this not make a big difference in my CL/approval regardless? FAKOs seem to have my scores in the 730-760 range, so I'm not particularly worried about approval, moreso making sure I get decent inital CLs (particularly on the Barclayscard, as I know about the AmEx 61 day SP CLI).

In My Wallet: AmEx Blue Cash Everyday ($6,500) | Barclays Sallie Mae World ($12,500) | Discover it Chrome ($6,000)

EX: 756 (07/12/2014) | TU: 752 (07/18/2014)

Other: BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards ($3,000) | State Farm Rewards ($4,000) | State Farm Student ($500)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Credit333
Established Member

Re: B of A acct info update = balance reported to credit bureaus?

Anybody have any insight here?

In My Wallet: AmEx Blue Cash Everyday ($6,500) | Barclays Sallie Mae World ($12,500) | Discover it Chrome ($6,000)

Other: BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards ($3,000) | State Farm Rewards ($4,000) | State Farm Student ($500)
Message 2 of 5
Brax
Frequent Contributor

I don't think you're very likely to get a Sallie Mae World MC since you will probably be approved for just a Sallie Mae Platinum MC with a CL < 5,000 regardless of utilization on BoA. If a 2-3K limit for Barclays is "decent" enough, then app for it! Otherwise, wait for some existing limts (or Amex) to be above 5K.

Message 3 of 5
Credit333
Established Member

@Brax wrote:

I don't think you're very likely to get a Sallie Mae World MC since you will probably be approved for just a Sallie Mae Platinum MC with a CL < 5,000 regardless of utilization on BoA. If a 2-3K limit for Barclays is "decent" enough, then app for it! Otherwise, wait for some existing limts (or Amex) to be above 5K.

Brax,

@Anonymous for your response. Not sure what the "world" card is, but I am going to apply for the one with the 5% gas/groceries/books rewards @ $250 maximums/month. I would think that with my FAKO scores and the cards/CLs listed in my signature, I would be approved for that...right?

Like I said, I figured I'd get approved for both, but do you think last month's high B of A utilization (the 31%) will in anyway affect what limit they and AmEx give me? My State Farm and Discover utilizations (which reported a week or two ago) were both very low (which has my overally utilization at 9.8%), if that makes any difference...

Message 4 of 5
beenjammin
Valued Member

I've read the same as you about "forcing an update" on a Bank of America account by updating personal information.  I have tried it, but it did not work on my 1-2-3 card. FWIW, I was looking for the update on my TU report, so I can't speak for the other two.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.