Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A and the Luv Button

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

B of A and the Luv Button

I've been noticing when I log onto my B of A account, there is a link labeled "Request a Credit Line Increase" in the account summary.  My CL is $7,500 with bal. of $3,720 (a 0% BT bal).  This is my only CC reporting a balance since I PIF all the others before the statement drops.  My total CL's are $40,050 so overall util. is 9%.

Does everyone see this or is B of A offering me a plum.  I'm trying to avoid it but my curson keeps drifting over the link . . . . will they pull a hard inquiry?  Will it cause a CLD? . . . . help me credit addicts, I'm losing the battle . . . : Smiley Sad

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: B of A and the Luv Button

@Itsmeagain wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

Ummmm....what battle are you losing?  You look to be sitting in a fairly winning spot to me!

***wanna trade battles??   Smiley Very Happy  

The battle for the High Achievers Club.  I've brought my scores from low 500's to where they are today in less than two years by following the advice of the posters here (and one other forum that will remain nameless).  I currently have no baddies on any report but my AAoA is still too short (1.5yrs), and too many apps (18 on EQ).  So, I'm in the "Credit Gardening" group now and YES!, it's a much more comfortable position than the one I just left so I don't intend to get greedy . . . just stay comfortable . . . Smiley Tongue

If your scores are mid 700's with an AAofA at 1.5 years I would say you are doing very well. As for BofA I would leave the CLI button alone until you pay off your balance. Then I would wait a bit longer. Until the smoke clears any contact with them could result in CLD. 

Message 9 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see it all the time, even after I have requested a CLI. Though, I'd be weary about pushing it with the recent rash of CLD's they just did. Anyway you can get your balance down closer to 20% or so before giving it a whirl?
Message 2 of 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Ummmm....what battle are you losing?  You look to be sitting in a fairly winning spot to me!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 12
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

The battle for the High Achievers Club.  I've brought my scores from low 500's to where they are today in less than two years by following the advice of the posters here (and one other forum that will remain nameless).  I currently have no baddies on any report but my AAoA is still too short (1.5yrs), and too many apps (18 on EQ).  So, I'm in the "Credit Gardening" group now and YES!, it's a much more comfortable position than the one I just left so I don't intend to get greedy . . . just stay comfortable . . . Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 12
Toolman

The Luv Button at B of A was dangerous for me. Hitting the button reduced the credit lines on my three accounts from 33.2k to 14.5k. They told me that the CLI request triggered the CLD.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toolman wrote:

The Luv Button at B of A was dangerous for me. Hitting the button reduced the credit lines on my three accounts from 33.2k to 14.5k. They told me that the CLI request triggered the CLD.

That's insidious. How did they explain that? Did they claim the button was just mislabeled and meant to read "Request a Credit Line Decrease"?

I always fear that this happens and have stayed away from any CLI requests lately. Now that I could only stop getting new cards Smiley Very Happy.

Message 6 of 12
Toolman

I did not receive an immediate answer to my CLI request. I viewed my accounts the following day and the credit lines were decreased. Naturally, I phoned them to inquire why they CLD me and they told me that after viewing my credit (soft pull), they determined that I had too much available credit. Their loss, I haven't used the cards since........and don't plan to. 
Message 7 of 12
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Ahhhhhh . . . That did it . . . . no luv button for me . . . .  Smiley Mad

I'm going to print this and tape it to my monitor to remind me to put my trigger finger back in my pocket . . LOL

Message 8 of 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Itsmeagain wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

If your scores are mid 700's with an AAofA at 1.5 years I would say you are doing very well. As for BofA I would leave the CLI button alone until you pay off your balance. Then I would wait a bit longer. Until the smoke clears any contact with them could result in CLD. 

Message 9 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

BOA hates util. I'd wait until you get the balance on their card paid down to less than 10 percent. They CLD'd me for carrying a BT balance on their card. My util at the time was 25 percent on their card, nothing on any others.
Here we go again...
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.