Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A preselect

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

B of A preselect

Hi all,
I recently received a mailer from B of A for a BankAmericard CC. The mailer indicates I am preselected to apply for 0% for 18 months, afterwards, 17.24% would apply. My question is, is that a solid interest rate offer or is that just the standard? To add, all three of my bureaus are reporting around 740 (low) to 775 (highest)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: B of A preselect

@aries994

So the community can better help, we will need more detailed DP's (Data Points)

EX, EQ, TU FICO 8 or 9 Scores would be helpful.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 745 through experian and 760 with both equifax and trans union, no baddies, all on time payments, less than 3% util across all credit cards. Total revolving is around $40k available. 2 recent inq from AMEX for $10K cash magnet and Discover IT $16.8k
Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

With a set apr, sounds promising especially with your profile. Most Boa prequels are marketing at best but when you get a mailer sent to you specifically and with set apr, you have better shot than usual though its always ymmv as something may have changed with your reports in the time it took for them to send out.
Message 4 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all,
I recently received a mailer from B of A for a BankAmericard CC. The mailer indicates I am preselected to apply for 0% for 18 months, afterwards, 17.24% would apply. My question is, is that a solid interest rate offer or is that just the standard? To add, all three of my bureaus are reporting around 740 (low) to 775 (highest)

Since you're only preselected and not preapproved, I think this is just marketing. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, @CreditInspired, dont you just dislike that term, preselected?Smiley Wink. Very misleading imoSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, @CreditInspired, dont you just dislike that term, preselected?Smiley Wink. Very misleading imoSmiley Wink

I absolutely do. Smiley Very Happy  It catches one off guard. They're so slick. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all,

Since you're only preselected and not preapproved, I think this is just marketing. 

Don't get caught up by the choice of terms, the key is the offer itself. 

OP likely got one of the `preselected` BoA Cash Rewards mailers that were delivered yesterday.  Those mailers have both a fixed interest rate and opt-out language, which is characteristic of a preapproval regardless of whatever term an issuer chooses to use to describe it.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 9
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all,

Don't get caught up by the choice of terms, the key is the offer itself. 

OP likely got one of the `preselected` BoA Cash Rewards mailers that were delivered yesterday.  Those mailers have both a fixed interest rate and opt-out language, which is characteristic of a preapproval regardless of whatever term an issuer chooses to use to describe it.

My last app was for a similar offer. Was declined for new accounts, and too many inquiries.  I was EX (what they pulled) 730 at the time. I called for recon, and then asked for UW and was told that amount of new accounts (4 of my new 5 didn't even show on their report) and inquiries since being pre-approved is what killed me. Was told to wait 6 months and should be good to go as long as nothing negative occured in that time.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.