Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANK OF AMERICA INQUIRIES

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: BANK OF AMERICA INQUIRIES

WOW GUYS! This keeps happening to me too!

They pulled Tu and Exp, but CK keeps adding and removing another inuiry on Sept 12th. THe original two were from 9/03 and 9/04.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 21
bigbang91
Established Contributor

young<== at least for you it did disappear, for me its keep appearing lol. Have you done anything about those inquiries?

Message 12 of 21
missjae
Established Contributor

According to Credit Karma, BOA HP me about 2 weeks after approval. I have a paper copy of my report I will check it against. This was in August and I thought it was weird, but I didn't pay much attention to it.
Message 13 of 21
bigbang91
Established Contributor

hey guys, so i pulled my 3 bureaus credit reports today from protection service. The 1st inquiry from BoA on the sep 4, the day i applied, detailed as Bank credit card, the other 2 extra inquiries detail as Banks and S&Ls<== any one know whats that means?

Message 14 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

S&L refers to savings and loans, if I am not wrong.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 21
bigbang91
Established Contributor

did the credit card application also authorize them to do this? BoA mailed me this : We have notified the approriate consumer reporting agencies and asked them to remove the inquiry....take up to 60 days for your credit file....,please contact....at this time consider the inquiry resolved

Message 16 of 21
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

BofA did this to me, as well.

I app'd on 9/3/13, they pulled TU. Received the card on the 9th and activated it. Next day, I receive an alert saying a new inquiry from BofA dated 9/9/13 was reported on TU. Not sure if the act of activating the card is what caused the second inquiry. I called them up, they submitted a request to the analysts to review why the 2nd pull showed up. The next day the inquiry was gone and I received a letter in the mail just yesterday confirming the removal.

I was miffed when I saw the new inquiry but the process of removing the additional inquiry was (for me) rather painless.

Good luck.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 17 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I can't check my TU report from transunion.com/myoptions for free for another few days lol... Creditkarma has been adding and removing inqs from BOA and GE for me... It's kind of annoying me.
It could be that the soft pulls from CMS are being bumped off then bumped back on....
I use Quizzle, CredSesame, CK, Exp Plus... Lol..
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Just checked CK.
My GE inquiries were added back, and my BOA from Sept 12th is completely gone now.
Message 19 of 21
bigbang91
Established Contributor

My 2 extra inquiries from BoA still sitting there laughing at me, and nothing disappear.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.