Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANKI OF AMERICA REPORTING

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

BANKI OF AMERICA REPORTING

I jsut approved for a bof rewards cc and I was told I am approved for 10k. I haven't even received the cc yet, and they are already reporting to all three cbs without a limit. It says flexible credit limit. What the heck does this mean. Why don't they just report my limit of 10k? Is this the kind of card that reports your bal as credit limit making it seem like you are maxed-out? It seems to me like this may be a charge card like the amex green. If this is how boa wants to treat this cc, I will never even activate it. Any one else facing this kind of reporting? I am prepared to cancel it and replace it with another cc if boa refuses to report my limit. Please advise.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: BANKI OF AMERICA REPORTING

Is it a Visa Signature or World MC?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
nathan
Frequent Contributor

HTSU, it's the visa signature. I just received the card today and it still says limit is 10k. After reading through a bunch of fine prints, it says this cc has a no preset spending limit. This looks like a charge card to me. I am wondering if I should switch it to world mc on activation. I have no interest in this cc if it would not report my limit. What do you think?
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

These things can be a pain.

One tactic is if you have a big purchase coming up, that you plan to pay off immediately, you can use this card for it. That will establish that purchase price as your effective CL.

Otherwise, you'll have to get try to get them to switch it to a standard version.

They must be getting a heckuva commission from MC and Visa to push these things. I know that forum members are an educated minority, but there are enough people complaining about the reporting problems on these cards that they need to fix them.

I know it's possible. USAA switched its MC's over to World MC's, technically with flexible limits, but they still report the given CL. So it's possible to make these things behave, if someone will just go to the effort to code them in a way that makes them report.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
nathan
Frequent Contributor

I just called them and switch to the platinum visa that reports the limit. I asked to switch to the world mc, but was told it is also a no preset limit cc. csr seemed surprised why I will want to switch from  "prestigeous card", lol. Fico has enlighted me on what these cc can do to your fico. They tried to persuade me to still activate the visa signature while waiting for the new card, but I said i would wait for the new cc before I activate. I want to see the limit on my reports before I do any thing.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.