Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANNED from pre-qualification mailers!! >=(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BANNED from pre-qualification mailers!! >=(

Ok, so my scores(fico 8) were in the mid 700s for a good while, and I still have not gotten ONE prequal mailer that I see others constantly writing about on here.  It can make me sad at times, even bitter.  I feel even more shunned by the CC companies than I do by the "high roller" types on here!   I've thought about writing this for quite awhile now(like a few other posts I have in mind), but it took a cold beverage to coax it out of me, in attempt to finally address my pain and try to confront/heal it.  

Is it because I have a Chapter 7(tm)?  I guess I DID get some mailers from Credit One, as well as some furniture thing(that place wouldnt stop) after I started my rebuild, maybe 3.5 years after my bk.  I'm over 5.5 years now, and the 5 year mark seemed to be a magic point for my scores to go up, when the ceiling previously seemed to be around 719.  Absolutely NOTHING else negative on any of my reports.  (EDIT: if my bk7 were to somehow fall off of 1 or more of my reports, would I then finally get a mailer?  This loneliness may make me proactive!)

Yes, I have opted in.  Numerous times, on a few different addresses, including a handful of times over the last month or 2.  Never opted out, to my recollection.  

I included 3 big companies in my BK, so I can understand them not courting me....but why everyone else?!?!?? 

So far online, Capital One has been the only long term positive prequal results, and maybe a bit over a month ago, I first noticed AMEX was prequaling me for 3 cards online as well.  Those 2 have been IT....and again, nothing in the mail other than a bunch of car insurance offers after I recently got some online quotes.  

Are there any words of wisdom here?  Is bk7 the death knell for mailers other than the initial subprime?  I've been "fertilizing"(not officially gardening) for over a year, until a few weeks ago when I won an epic battle with AMEX and grabbed an instant approval from Citi during the 3 week struggle, because I became bored/semi addicted/something.  Maybe the "recent action" will finally light my fire?   Or have my mailers become a funeral pyre?  

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BANNED from pre-qualification mailers!! >=(

My scores were all in the 780s.  I once got 20 pre-qualifieds at Creditmatch.  I am now at 0, except for 3 AMex offers.

I was getting Discover It pre-qualifieds every other day via snail mail.

Nothing changed in my habits except approvals from NFCU, CapOne and Chase.  Haha.

My scores are all still above 750.

You are not banned from mailers.  Some aspect of your behavior changed.  Grow some tomatoes and cucumbers.

Message 2 of 19
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Don't feel too bad, CaptainJ

I'm in the 700's now on 2/3 bureaus and I have yet to get a single mailer nor have I been pre approved for anything except the Merrick card.

Good thing I didn't just sit back and wait for pre approvals.

I wouldn't have my AMEX, Discover, Citi, etc Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Wow, I think this is a first where I've read that someone wants mailers. I was getting so many that I finally opted out. I was really sick and tired of my mailbox being full with what I considered junk mail -- but yep, I know, that's just me.

Give it time, and they will come. Smiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 19
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I'm banned too! I haven't received a mailed credit offer in months, and it's pure bliss! But I'm self banned, I signed up for pre-screen opt out last spring. I don't think CCs mail offers much anymore, except the bottom feeders like Credit One, promotion is done online. But with carrying some 0% BT balances on a couple CCs I was getting 2-3 offers a week from just about every personal loan outfit out there. Many came with pre-approved codes, and we've had a problem with mail theft in my rural area, so I was concerned about that. But also not too interested in taking out a 10%+ personal loan just to pay of 0% balances early. Mailers stopped a week or two after signing up for opt out, yea! And they busted the mail theft ring this week, double yea! They'll have several years to think things over in jail; mail theft, destruction of postal service property - federal crimes, dumb asses.

Message 5 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey Capt, dont sweat it too much. Ive only ever received like 8 total mailers in my life.PERIOD. Yup i had BK7 showing. There was a time i was being courted by Discover (like 6 mailers) but even when i responded at first she didnt like how i hanfled nyselfSmiley Wink
My other 2 were for the Citi double cash. These were happing when i was probably in in the 680- 700 range.

Nothing since. I often wonder how people get all those subprime offers and such. As for the big boys, dont have much to offer in terms of making them money so probably not even a fly on their radar but its ok. Like 80'sKid said, thank goodness we can app for what WE want. Interesting post but count your blessings, once less piece of paper you need to shredSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed once my score hit past 700 I stopped getting the mailers. I was getting them daily and now nada except Cap1 sending a rebuild card offer. Im way past rebuild. I have their QS so why they are sending me a builders card is beyond me.

Message 7 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol NYHOME, thats the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing syndromeSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Its not the end of the world CJ. I would imagine that your BK plays a roll in that. BK is the worst derog you can have on a report, so you're in a very dirty fico bucket, the worst of them all.

You may not get them in the mail, but you could get them online from places like Amex, Chase, Citi after 5+ years, by checking pre-quals.

Once your BK falls off, you'll get so many in the mail, you'll be coming back here posting about how you're so flooded with them, lol. Don't sweat it...

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My deceased mother gets 4 Discover and 2 CapOne mailers a month, I get none...

One thing I do get a lot of are the bill consolidation loan offers... From every single company out there, like 3 per week!! Now, to be fair, I've had 3 of them, just rolling one into another, working my APR down but that balance is stangating, need to budget better Smiley Sad 

But with my lineup, there's not too many other cards I could get a mailer on!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.