Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BARCLAY CLI what should I ask for

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BARCLAY CLI what should I ask for

@Anonymous wrote:

I have currently 3 cap ones total of $9800 and 2 barclays $6K and a chase slate of $1300 as far as majors go , been trying for discover and amex and had no luck as of yet so I really do not need the increase but figured just a way to bring down util from about 10% to maybe 7%, that is the only reason for the request . Let me ask your opinion and advice , on the Chase SLate which I got about a month ago with $1300 sl , I did a BT of 1200 and just PIF , should I pull the trigger and ask for a CLI ?

Honestly if this were a different lender I might say yes but with Chase Im going with no. Especially since you were just approved a month ago. Six months I might say take a chance but with that sl and not much history with them I dont think its wise. Could be a waste of a hp (or two), but at the end of the day its completely up to you. Maybe you have a couple inqs to spare. Id give it about six months at least to show some history though. And by that time you would probably be good to go for applying for a different Chase card, if you're interested in any, which would likely have a higher credit line.

Message 21 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks , that is probably what I will do.

Message 22 of 48
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I think it's funny Barclays called your bluff. What'd you say to the analyst who was going to assist you in closing? 

Message 23 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just hung up lol

Message 24 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your accounts over the next few days. 😕
Message 25 of 48
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I would watch the accounts too. You're carrying a high balance to CL ratio and got denied a CLI and threatened to close the account. Kind of look like a risk right now. 

Message 26 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid the account in full , i just have a $40 balance on the rewards .

Message 27 of 48
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Did you pay the balance before or after the CLI request?

Message 28 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 days ago and posted today so I have 0 balance on it and surpassed 6th statement

Message 29 of 48
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You need to stop fixating on x number of statements. CLIs are not just handed out because time has passed. While many get a CLI at 6 months, many also dont. Improve your profile and history with them and things will change.
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.