Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T CLD

tag
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

BB&T CLD

Just a HEADS UP!!!

I just received notification from EX that I had a CLD. I logged in and BB&T took me from $6,500 to $5,300. Now I am at 95% util on that account. I am in the middle of a 15 month 0% promo. The only thing that significantly changed was the reporting of my Paypal credit account which was over 90% utilization due to some equipment financing at a 0% promo. Scores are between 700 - 720 and overall util is around 17%. Maybe the Paypal account spooked them or maybe the merger with Suntrust had something to do with it. I am self employed so I do use my credit and my decisions are based on what financially benefits me the most. If they don't like how I use my credit, thats okay its just business. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: BB&T CLD

@steelers1 wrote:

Just a HEADS UP!!!

I just received notification from EX that I had a CLD. I logged in and BB&T took me from $6,500 to $5,300. Now I am at 95% util on that account. I am in the middle of a 15 month 0% promo. The only thing that significantly changed was the reporting of my Paypal credit account which was over 90% utilization due to some equipment financing at a 0% promo. Scores are between 700 - 720 and overall util is around 17%. Maybe the Paypal account spooked them or maybe the merger with Suntrust had something to do with it. I am self employed so I do use my credit and my decisions are based on what financially benefits me the most. If they don't like how I use my credit, thats okay its just business. 

I am guessing that it is the Paypal account reporting over 90% .. tripped a computer algorithm.

And they are just simply limiting their risk. anything over 89% Util is probably detrimental to ones profile.

Individual utilization breakpoints: 29%, 49%, 69%, 89%

Message 2 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about your BB&T [AA] CLD.

I would definitely think it's not correlated to the upcoming merger. That said, other than your PayPal account reporting at 90% utilization, what kind of payments are you making on the BB&T balance? What was the original BT balance? (given it's now at 95% utilization).

It's possible they may or may not balance chase, but that will be evident as you pay down your balance in the next few months.
Message 3 of 18
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I would definitely think it's not correlated to the upcoming merger. That said, other than your PayPal account reporting at 90% utilization, what kind of payments are you making on the BB&T balance? What was the original BT balance? (given it's now at 95% utilization).

It's possible they may or may not balance chase, but that will be evident as you pay down your balance in the next few months.

I was paying 1.5X minimum. I realize that this is not much. I was saving my cash. The balance transfer would of been paid in full before the promotion expired. The intention was for them to hold it a bit while I utilized the cash for my business.

Unfortunately algorithms do not take into account for the sole proprietor to use their credit for their business. I'm sure they are based on the individual only.

Message 4 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry.

Also i dont think lenders view accounts at 90% uti and think, well must be in a 0% apr promo period. WE know that its our intention or that we may want to save the cash til the end but THEY dont. I wish lenders would allow us to be able to utilize the limits they assign us, lol why else call it a limit?Smiley Wink But unfortunately they cant read minds though im sure computers will soon be able toSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@steelers1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I was paying 1.5X minimum. I realize that this is not much. I was saving my cash. The balance transfer would of been paid in full before the promotion expired. The intention was for them to hold it a bit while I utilized the cash for my business.

Unfortunately algorithms do not take into account for the sole proprietor to use their credit for their business. I'm sure they are based on the individual only.

Correct on the last part. It's a consumer account not a business card (they have several business cards that could've fit those needs).  So, that's the slippery slope whenever leveraging cash flow opportunities and comingling business and personal expenditures with some banks.  Hey, at least they didn't close it. 

Message 6 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'm sorry this has happened to you
My only concern would be that now you have two accounts with utilization at 90% or higher and that could prompt AA from other lenders

While I understand and agree with doing what's right for you financially, a sequence of AA events cannot be good.
If I had the money, and it sounds like you do, I'd try knocking some of that balance down.
Another possibility is that your other lenders wont particularly care, but as a business owner, only you can determine how much risk you are willing to take

Good luck and I really hope nothing else happens
Message 7 of 18
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
I'm sorry this has happened to you
My only concern would be that now you have two accounts with utilization at 90% or higher and that could prompt AA from other lenders

While I understand and agree with doing what's right for you financially, a sequence of AA events cannot be good.
If I had the money, and it sounds like you do, I'd try knocking some of that balance down.
Another possibility is that your other lenders wont particularly care, but as a business owner, only you can determine how much risk you are willing to take

Good luck and I really hope nothing else happens

Luckily its only BB&T right now. I just paid Paypal down to 79%. 

I will do the same with BB&T.

Message 8 of 18
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@steelers1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Correct on the last part. It's a consumer account not a business card (they have several business cards that could've fit those needs).  So, that's the slippery slope whenever leveraging cash flow opportunities and comingling business and personal expenditures with some banks.  Hey, at least they didn't close it. 

They do unfortunately you have to apply in branch and the closest is 72 miles away.

Message 9 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sorry.

Also i dont think lenders view accounts at 90% uti and think, well must be in a 0% apr promo period. WE know that its our intention or that we may want to save the cash til the end but THEY dont. I wish lenders would allow us to be able to utilize the limits they assign us, lol why else call it a limit?Smiley Wink But unfortunately they cant read minds though im sure computers will soon be able toSmiley Wink

As you are probably already aware, a few Lender's set limits on what you can BT.

In the past, I had pushed 89% . If I were to do them today would stay under 48.9% Util.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.