Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Experience Share

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BB&T Experience Share

I just wanted to share my recent experience with BB&T. So I had 2 cards their Bright and Rewards 4.5k and 3.5k respectively SL and I have had them about 3 months now using them each generously and Paid in Full the first 2 months. I have my NFCU account which I was only using as a small deposit account along with my Rewards Card I have with them so I don't use the bank account very often except to make payments to my Rewards Card. Well, I recently changed my Deposit account to be my Navy instead of BOA just to maintain usage history with Navy and boy oh boy did I screw myself. 

This is to no fault of Navy just me not taking all things into consideration I made my 3rd payment to BB&T to come out of my Navy account a day too soon and unlike BOA, Navy doesn't push the transaction through as Pending and allow the day for deposit it just sent the payment back as NSF....................BB&T closed both of my cards! I am not blaming anyone except myself, but want to warn anyone who has BB&T not to ever let a payment bounce.

15 REPLIES 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: BB&T Experience Share

I'm sorry this happened to you Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you, especially since I just finished a long rebuild/recovery process and those were my highest limit cards, but it's okay because if I can continue to show my positive history with Navy I can get one of their awesome High Limit cards and be just fine Heart

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh, that's terrible! I'm sorry. Smiley Sad

Have you tried going in to a branch and seeing if you can plead your case? It might be worth a shot. These things unfortunately happen when people switch accounts, especially if that account has different policies for posting payments. 

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, i did call back and try to speak to another Risk Management person but they wouldn't even transfer me back to them. maybe it might be worth a shot to go into a branch just was so defeated in the  moment.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a branch nearby, it's worth a shot. I don't know how customer focused this particular bank is (they aren't in my market) but if there's any chance of getting those cards back by finding a sympathetic human, I would do it. 

Message 6 of 16
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear that, that is a bummer and sounds like a headache. I would definitely go in branch. My BB&T Banker whom I opened a checking account with indicated they are a very much small, relationship type of bank.

Message 7 of 16
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Yes, go in branch OP.  Make an online appt. if need be.  They are very nice from my experience, very laid back.  Don't give up; try to get those cards restored if at all possible.  So sorry this happened...hope you can find a person to hear your case.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Ouchies.  Sorry to hear about the AA on your BB&T cards.  Thanks for taking the time to share your story which will definitely help others.

Message 9 of 16
rafy023
Regular Contributor

Wow, that's terrible... they didn't think twice before pulling the plug. I agree with everyone else, you should definitely try to speak to someone in person... especially seeing as it was TWO cards. Besides that, how was the rest of your experience? Checked the prequalification and was prequalified for all 3 cards so was considering getting one on a sp to replace my Cap1 QS (stingy bastards won't raise my CL lol). 

FICO 8 Scores
EX: 773
EQ: 784
TU: 772
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.