Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Pre Qualified question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BB&T Pre Qualified question

So I went on the portal and did the pre qualify and got pre qualified for the cash, travel, and bright. The Cash and travel are showing apr of 17.24% and the bright is showing 15.24%. 

Question 1: If I take up on the pre qualify offer and apply, is it only a SP?

Question 2: Is this a shoe-in approval given that it shows the APR?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BB&T Pre Qualified question

Data points show yes and yes to your question, YEMV.

I think BB&T has a Business side too.

Message 2 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I went on the portal and did the pre qualify and got pre qualified for the cash, travel, and bright. The Cash and travel are showing apr of 17.24% and the bright is showing 15.24%. 

Question 1: If I take up on the pre qualify offer and apply, is it only a SP?

Question 2: Is this a shoe-in approval given that it shows the APR?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to myFICO forums!

Most of the Data Points I have seen are "SP" for BB&T .. But always, as with any lender be prepared for a HP.

From what I read, BB&T SP's are pretty solid. @Gmood1  might chime in? as well as others.

I am not a BB&T expertSmiley Wink .. can only give you what I have observed.

Good Luck!

Message 3 of 14
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I say a gaurantee and a sp.  Of course I'm gonna say ymmv just so it's not my fault if you don't get itSmiley Tongue but I'd put money on it you will and would even wager the sl.   Good luck and let us know the outcome.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys, thank you so much for your replies. I was planning on going for the trifecta but my credit limits are low and thin and with the advice of Moderator Remedios, I am holding off a bit. I am so nervous to pull this trigger.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I just went back on the preapproval site to pull those offers again and it's showing up as no offers available at this time when it was available like 1 hour ago. What to do?

Message 6 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys, thank you so much for your replies. I was planning on going for the trifecta but my credit limits are low and thin and with the advice of Moderator Remedios, I am holding off a bit. I am so nervous to pull this trigger.

I would heed @ Remedios advice !!!

Message 7 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The offers have always been solid for me and many others here @Anonymous 

Regardless, if you want it. You have to be willing to take a HP. 

The new account reporting will temporarily ding your credit score more than a HP would.

All of dings are temporary and not a life sentence.😆

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 thank you. Of course I am always expecting the small chance of a HP. However, I can't get that prequalify page again. It had an app # and expiration date but I left the page idle and it logged me out. LOL. Whenever I input my info into the prequal site again it says no offers avail.

Message 9 of 14
chuckwood
Regular Contributor

Sometimes it takes a day or two for them to come back. Be aware that if you cold app you are pretty much guaranteed a hp. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.