Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Pre-Qualify Offers (3 cards)

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

BB&T Pre-Qualify Offers (3 cards)

I was poking around BB&T's website on my phone. Was looking over their cards and noticed they have pre-qualification link - didn't know that. I filled it out and got 3 offers. I later double-checked their website on my laptop and don't see this link, but it was available on my phone. I don't have any relationship with them but it put out 3 offers.

• Spectrum Cash - 3% Gas, 2% Groceries/Utilities, 0% APR/BT for 12 months, then 17.49% (out of 15.49% to 24.49% range), $0 Annual Fee
  • Bright Card - 0% APR/BT for 15mo, then 15.49% solid APR (out of 13.49% to 22.99% range), $0 Annual Fee
  • Spectrum Travel Rewards - 2x Air/Hotel/Car, $89 Annual Fee (waived 1st yr), $50 incidental credit, 17.49% (out of 15.59% to 24.49%) + $200 SUB/$2k spend

Anyone know how solid their offers are? From what I've seen around SL's tend to be in the $4,500 to $7,500 range for strong profiles. 

IMG_5313.png      IMG_5316.png

IMG_5315.png     IMG_5314.png

25 REPLIES 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BB&T Pre-Qualify Offers (3 cards)

Not sure but with your profile and successes, just go for it. Afterall, credit is only crack, and so long as you dont step on it......Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldnt find any prequal links.   Are you a member already?

Message 3 of 26
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Not sure but with your profile and successes, just go for it. Afterall, credit is only crack, and so long as you dont step on it......Smiley Wink

LOL Touche AJC. I also just dropped in an app for Union Bank - no instant approval, but no denail either. Got the "your application has been submitted for review" message so curious to see if that goes thru. 

Message 4 of 26
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I have the same (but slightly higher APRs). With my recent successes including US Bank Altitude Reserve and CSP I’m hesitant to push my luck, though extremely tempted!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 5 of 26
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I couldnt find any prequal links.   Are you a member already?

I am not. I just went to BB&T.com on my phone. BB&T.com < Menu < Banking < Credit Cards and it's in a yellow banner

IMG_5317.png

Message 6 of 26
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:
I have the same (but slightly higher APRs). With my recent successes including US Bank Altitude Reserve and CSP I’m hesitant to push my luck, though extremely tempted!

I understand they pull EQ (sitting at 764 F8 right now), but not inquiry sensitive. However I do have 3 new cards that all posted last week so 3/30 days and not sure how sensitive they are about new accounts. I really had 4, but Amex takes a couple months to show so that's not on there yet. $25k Altitude, $20k Synovus V, $10k PNC VS and $10k Amex Schwab. Don't mind pulling the trigger but not if it's going to be an instant denail for 'too many new accounts'

Message 7 of 26
Caught750
Valued Contributor

As I understand it they are far from inquiry/new acct sensitive and pull EQ9. Mine is close to your 8 score and the least pulled. I’m considering some other moves as I’ll be gardening for the extended future soon.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 8 of 26
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:
As I understand it they are far from inquiry/new acct sensitive and pull EQ9. Mine is close to your 8 score and the least pulled. I’m considering some other moves as I’ll be gardening for the extended future soon.

oh dang even better, my EQ F9 is 797 right now so that should help. Thanks for the info - I just might pull the trigger on this one

Message 9 of 26
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Pre-qualify gave me the Spectrum cards at 21.49% and the Bright at 19.49%. I never touch anything with a pre-qual over 20% + I had a not so good experience with them 6 years ago at the start of my rebuild--so PASS.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.