Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Card

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Card

>>In my opinion, you likely aren't getting pre-qualified due to some technical difficulties on their end or on your end relating to the credit bureaus (opting out/security freezes/etc).

I am guessing it has to be something on their end. 2 weeks ago, I was pre-approved on the site for 3 of their cards, I even got some code to be used if I applied and it was good until April 24th.

Now since then, even if I clear my cache, I get nothing. Very odd.

At least I am not dying for this one :-)   Thanks for sharing your story!

Potential Future Cards
Message 21 of 32
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@RehabbingANDBlabbing I push my payment from Sun Trust. Or you can click on Make a Payment. Non BB&T account and fill in your checking routing/account #. But it doesnt keep it for the next payment. Have to fill it in each time. So pushing is for me. Maybe that will change after Truist kicks in. Takes 2 days push or pull. Only have savings with them for CB

Message 22 of 32
Gmood1
Super Contributor

All three of mine are now on auto pay. It's easier now to set them up on auto pay, than it was a year or two ago.PSX_20200323_194426.jpg

Message 23 of 32
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

>>In my opinion, you likely aren't getting pre-qualified due to some technical difficulties on their end or on your end relating to the credit bureaus (opting out/security freezes/etc).

I am guessing it has to be something on their end. 2 weeks ago, I was pre-approved on the site for 3 of their cards, I even got some code to be used if I applied and it was good until April 24th.

Still try once a day on the pre-q site (due to boredum), still nothing Smiley LOL Very odd - and if anything my numbers and util have gotten better since then.

Weird. The credit Gods must not like me ;-)

Potential Future Cards
Message 24 of 32
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

All three of mine are now on auto pay. It's easier now to set them up on auto pay, than it was a year or two ago.PSX_20200323_194426.jpg

Thank you @Gmood1; I have been trying to figure out how to set it up, I went to the branch to pay, I think it must have been that I had to wait for my first statement to generate. 

Message 25 of 32
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

Still try once a day on the pre-q site (due to boredum), still nothing Smiley LOL Very odd - and if anything my numbers and util have gotten better since then.

Still nothing if anyone was wondering (lol) - VERY VERY odd  Smiley Indifferent

Potential Future Cards
Message 26 of 32
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

Still nothing if anyone was wondering (lol) - VERY VERY odd  Smiley Indifferent

In the name of credit science; I will take one for the team, @Wavester64 and try theBB+T prequal. Since I got a Brightcard in February, if  @GAPeachy's theory holds, the prequal should be back by now, otherwise you are the BB+T anomaly, so standby. It is going to take an ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF RESTRAINT, IF I prequalify, not to app; which after a glass of wine, in #ClubQuarantine, I pray I can muster. Stay tuned, here goes...

Message 27 of 32
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Sorry, it's you, no idea why, but I agree it's a bummer, this is such low lying fruit, it is insane.
Silly question I guess, but have you tried incognito mode or from someone else's device?

Granted; On my phone, it first tried to direct 

me right into the BB+T app, since I have a card, so I had to go into explore products and credit cards, but the net/net is the same, it gave me a prequal

offer.
It took ALL I had, NOT to go for it, it's mind boggling, that the BB+T SP train is still on the tracks!!!

I really, really, really, had to dig deep, not to spin the wheel like Vanna White!
In the garden I shall stay, but hey, technically I still 
have until May 25, lol! 

F96AF1BA-0621-4DE3-AE86-029D37E54681.jpeg

Message 28 of 32
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@CreditobsessedinFL wrote:

Sorry, it's you, no idea why, but I agree it's a bummer, this is such low lying fruit, it is insane.
Silly question I guess, but have you tried incognito mode or from someone else's device?

me right into the BB+T app, since I have a card, so I had to go into explore products and credit cards, but the net/net is the same, it gave me a prequal

offer.
It took ALL I had, NOT to go for it, it's mind boggling, that the BB+T SP train is still on the tracks!!!

I really, really, really, had to dig deep, not to spin the wheel like Vanna White!
have until May 25, lol! 

Thanks for trying! I've tried everything. Incognito, clear cache, on PC, on phone, won't come back. That first day or so it was there for the taking. Since then (a month ago) my credit numbers are even better and I try each day to see if it will come back, nothing so it has to be me. It's not like I need the card, but it's nice knowing it's there for the taking if I wanted it, but I don't even have that. Very strange. 

Potential Future Cards
Message 29 of 32
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@CreditobsessedinFL wrote:

offer.

have until May 25, lol! 

Thanks for trying! I've tried everything. Incognito, clear cache, on PC, on phone, won't come back. That first day or so it was there for the taking. Since then (a month ago) my credit numbers are even better and I try each day to see if it will come back, nothing so it has to be me. It's not like I need the card, but it's nice knowing it's there for the taking if I wanted it, but I don't even have that. Very strange. 

No worries, trust me, it was no hardship to try, the hardship was NOT app'g, lol! 
Sorry that the prequal isn't showing up for you. Granted, it's kinda weird, with your scores, but it looks like you are still good, without the card and while "NEED" is an ugly word, you have a nice setup without BB+T. 
Maybe you have to "let it breathe", and not try it, for awhile, for it to come back, like some flowery poetry verse on love. 

Good luck Amigo, I would gird my loins, resist trying that prequal tool for AT LEAST  3-4 weeks, and then see if that dog still hunts! 
Hopefully we will see you back in a month on the approvals page with a Bright card!!

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.