Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB store card to close or not

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Re: BB store card to close or not

i will just hold off till all inq fall off ...close it....wait a few months then reapply see what happens ...that will take place after my discover and Amex app....

Message 11 of 21
Woolfman
Established Contributor

We had  a plan b card also . Started out at 750.  two years ago ( i think it was) they offered a 100 CLI  if we charged 400 or more on it during christmas. We did and they did raise it.. From there after many pushes of the CLI link on the website(with no luck)  we decided to call in and ask the about a CLI and after talking to them and a HP .. they gave us another 300 CLI .  So while the card is lack luster it has grown.  Now after having the card for over 4 years now we have officially given up on the card and closed it a few weeks ago. It sucks because my wife is a manager at best buy and we shop there often. But we felt it was what needed to be done in order to move up from the plan B card.  We plan on applying again after the first of the year.  

Message 12 of 21
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

thanks again........I will probabaly shut it down sometime next year and then reapply a month or two later...

Message 13 of 21
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

please let me know how it turns out.......thanks again...pls send me a private message...thanks 

Message 14 of 21
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

You have good TLs with long enough histories, so it won't hurt you to close it. I don't know how much good it's going to do for approval of the card you want to keep this one open. But it probably can't hurt, either. I'd just do whatever you're most comfortable with.

will it hurt my AAoA if I close it ????.....think I want to shut it down......what are the negatives that will occur with closing it ??

Message 15 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm not sure if I got the Plan B card but it started at $750 and moved up to $1000 after 6 months $1300 after year. No HP's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 21
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I'm not sure if I got the Plan B card but it started at $750 and moved up to $1000 after 6 months $1300 after year. No HP's.

they will not budge on my plan B card..

If you have gotten CLI without any pulls then its not a B card

....I just dont want to screw anything up for my mini mini mini app spree in June (AMEX ,Discover and maybe 1 other card...not sure yet .....any suggestions???

Message 17 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

they will not budge on my plan B card..

If you have gotten CLI without any pulls then its not a B card

....I just dont want to screw anything up for my mini mini mini app spree in June (AMEX ,Discover and maybe 1 other card...not sure yet .....any suggestions???

Are they saying you are totally ineligible for a CLI or they want a HP to get a CLI?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 21
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

exact words were.....this account is not eligible for a CLI  due to it is a  "extended line of credit"  for rebuilders..........

Message 19 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

exact words were.....this account is not eligible for a CLI  due to it is a  "extended line of credit"  for rebuilders..........

ahh......ok yea that sums it up Smiley Very Happy

Well I wouldn't waste a HP to get a new card with them, keep them for your prime apps to come up soon.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.