Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBR APR reduction from 19.24% V to 14.24% V

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

BBR APR reduction from 19.24% V to 14.24% V

During a phone call with BoA this afternoon, I was able to get the go-to APR reduced by 5 points on my BBR card with them, from 19.24% V -> 14.24% V  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBR APR reduction from 19.24% V to 14.24% V

@galahad15 wrote:

During a phone call with BoA this afternoon, I was able to get the go-to APR reduced by 5 points on my BBR card with them, from 19.24% V -> 14.24% V  Smiley Happy

Well done galahad15!

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome Galahad! I have a BBR as well and am currently enjoying a bt with it. Any tips about this such as how long youve had the card or any other advice when a good time to ask ? Thanks and enjoySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Awesome Galahad! I have a BBR as well and am currently enjoying a bt with it. Any tips about this such as how long youve had the card or any other advice when a good time to ask ? Thanks and enjoySmiley Happy

First of all, many thanks to everyone who posted for the kind words!  Smiley Happy  In response to AverageJoesCredit's question about tips on obtaining an APR decrease, sure thing I would be more than happy to offer any data points about my request to BoA, if they can hopefully be of help to anyone else who might also be considering asking for BBR APR decrease on their BBR card.

I've had the BBR since late-ish 2015, IIRC.  It is also technically still under the 0% promo rate that came with the card, so I was very surprised and happy that they offered to reduce the go-to rate while still during the introductory promo period.  The BoA CSR make one comment about how she was impressed that I have been a BoA cc customer for so long, since my oldest open card with them dates back to 2007.  All of my 3 BoA cards are also under 10% util, which may have perhaps been a factor in my favor with BoA granting the request.  As to how I presented the APR decrease request itself, I just asked the CSR if I was eligible for any non-BT promos on my BBR card.  She then asked something to the effect of what kind of promo I would be looking for, if I wasn't interested in using the BT promos they are currently offering me at this time (0% BT promos on 2 cards and a 3.99% V BT promo on the third).  I replied that I was very interested in seeing if there were any promos on my BBR account that would allow for a decrease in the BBR go-to APR, after which the CSR said she'd be happy to check.  She came back less than a minute later and said that BoA would be willing to reduce the APR to 14.24% V, which I gladly accepted. 

Other details about my BoA accounts that may have possibly contributed to BoA granting the request:  I usually pay a lot more than the minimum payment due ever month, sometimes.  In fact when I called in to request the interest rate reduction, I first did a pay-by-phone of over $100 for one of my other cards.  Sometimes I will also pay more than once a month, typically to keep total util under 10%.

Hope this helps to answer the question; and again please feel free to ask if you have any other questions!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for your time Galahad15 ! Much appreciated. This would be a great idea for future after i establish abit more history with Boa and show them i am respondible with my Bt Smiley Happy. I guess once you get all the cards you want , its good to change tactics and start attacking the apr rates if possible. Great night and great read as well Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.