Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBRZ Mastercard I hate you!

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

BBRZ Mastercard I hate you!

So  I have had this card for 10 months always pay on time, never over the CL, Never near the CL, Pay more than the minimum and still stuck at 300.00$ CL. So I called yesterday to have them review my account for a CLI. She said "Gladly". I thought Wow maybe I have a  chance here. After asking and responding to the regular questions about income, she said they would pull my CR also, I said FINE. Came back with a flat Declined! What?? I looked at my credit reports today, and there are non Hard pulls, No Soft Pulls, Nothing of any kind! Was this a lie? Who knows.  I am just going to close this card PIF next month before the annual fee hits. I have Closed already two First Premier Cards, One Orchard Card and now this one is next. I was considering keeping it open if they gave me a CLI. What a joke.

Funny thing is I asked the rep, "I should probably close this card right? since there is an AF and a high APR with no chance of CLI?" She didnt know how to respond and said, "Well sir HSBC reviews accounts periodically and in the future you might get a CLI" How does that help me to keep the card open? Hoping on hope?  Please.....Bye Bye BBRZ Mastercard.  Next month I will put you to sleep..............

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Re: BBRZ Mastercard I hate you!

thats what they are trained to say from a script lol just like crapital one

amazon
Message 2 of 10
texasman07
Established Contributor

Well I have to say at least with Capital One, I have recieved two CLI's within the same amount of time with a 39.00$ AF and no APR for one year. Its gotta be beter than the crap cards from HSBC.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No offense intended, but 10 months is a short history with any card.  Paying on time and not going over the credit limit are requirements, not some sort of consumer super-power limited people possess and therefore should be praised by banks... Not to sound cynical, but we as consumers agree to terms provided by creditors and meeting our own obligations merely incites a bank to do the same.  After a long period of time, at the creditor's discretion, they MAY feel inclined to extend further credit to some consumers.. but it is certainly not a right, a requirement, or entitlement.  Especially not after 10 months.

That being said, there are certainly some cards that are tough to grow.. any HSBC backed sub-prime card is well documented to be a slow grower (if at all).  Same with Cap1 sub-primes... But there are plenty of other options out there in the future once you re-establish good credit habits over a long period of time, and those cards will grow with you as you inspire those banks to higher levels of confidence in you.  It's tough, and it take patience, but it's well worth it.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 10
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I apped for the store card but was approved for this one with the same limit and same line of crap from the csrs i decided to axe it the same day i got the card in the mail i mean for 59 a year some where around 27% interest and a 300 limit just infuriated me i called for a cli and the csr told me that HSBC was a VERY conservative lender (another word for CHEAP) but I will be glad to take 30 dollars off your af I said that would be great now back to the reason I called how about that cli she tells me it is what it is for now I said ok great cancel my account please then she transferred me to her supervisor and i got the same line from the super  and she tried to sale me on the fact that I already took the hit with the inq so I may as well take advantage of the card I told her no thanks I didnt want to regret my decision later so please cancel it now she responded back well is that your final answer i told her yes it is and she closed it and Ive never felt so good about closing a card 

I hope this helps

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 5 of 10
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thanks! Good Info there! I like how the CSR told you "Is that your Final answer" Like your on a game show!  Anyway, funny thing was when I closed my HSBC Orchard Card the first woman I spoke with had a HEAVY Accent probably from another country, well the minute I asked to close my account I got another woman who was obviously from and in America.  I thought that was kind of wierd. Then she offered not even to help me with an APR reduction but to hold out for a CLI. I said with an AF of 75.00$ and a APR of 28.8% Why should I? At least add rewards or offer to reduce the annual fee. Ugh. I understand they can do whatever they want according to the credit card agreements but hey, maybe i just need to vent today.... Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No offense intended, but 10 months is a short history with any card.  Paying on time and not going over the credit limit are requirements, not some sort of consumer super-power limited people possess and therefore should be praised by banks... Not to sound cynical, but we as consumers agree to terms provided by creditors and meeting our own obligations merely incites a bank to do the same.  After a long period of time, at the creditor's discretion, they MAY feel inclined to extend further credit to some consumers.. but it is certainly not a right, a requirement, or entitlement.  Especially not after 10 months.

That being said, there are certainly some cards that are tough to grow.. any HSBC backed sub-prime card is well documented to be a slow grower (if at all).  Same with Cap1 sub-primes... But there are plenty of other options out there in the future once you re-establish good credit habits over a long period of time, and those cards will grow with you as you inspire those banks to higher levels of confidence in you.  It's tough, and it take patience, but it's well worth it.

Good luck!

+1

Message 7 of 10
junior88
Frequent Contributor

I called and asked for a CLI this week, also. Rep from India asked for income and said there would be a hard pull, said ok. I got disconnected. I called back and just asked to speak to the credit department, this is what that department told me. My card will never get a CLI, that is just how it is set. She said I could apply for a new one and see if that one would be eligible for a CLI. She also said you can have 3 HSBC cards. Hope this helps. Call and ask to speak to credit and have them tell you if you will ever get a CLI. The card is a joke, no lie about that!

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 8 of 10
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I was able to close out both HSBC cards that had fees and re-applyed and got a GM Card with no fee

Message 9 of 10
slarano
Frequent Contributor

I've had the BBRZ MC for close to 3 years, never budged from the original 420 CL that I was given. However, each time the annual fee came around, I contacted them to cancel and they credited my account for the annual fee. Needless to say, if and when they won't give the annual fee credit, I will cancel the card. Until then, it's just in the sock drawer.

ImageImageImage

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.