Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBRZMC PC

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

BBRZMC PC

Can the Gold be PC'ed to the Platinum version with no AF?

I currently have the Gold with the %59 AF

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BBRZMC PC

You can EO to remove AF I believe but no PC to Platinum.

"But you are welcome to apply if you would like a Platinum Version!"

Message 2 of 11
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I have same version as you. It said Gold on it. I called EO and got AF removed they even refunded 2 years of AF.

I am at 1.6k CL now was at 400 for 4 years. Got the card in 2008
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I called EO and funny that what she told me. I know one cannot apply for the Plat?

Message 4 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:
I have same version as you. It said Gold on it. I called EO and got AF removed they even refunded 2 years of AF.

I am at 1.6k CL now was at 400 for 4 years. Got the card in 2008

Got mine in 2008 also. that was my argument with the EO. Card has always been in good standing. Hopefully this goes through.

Cap One is in the process of transferring the BB portfolio ot them.

One of the EO agent said that it's most likely possible to transfer the Gold to a Plat because of my CL; but today I got another agent and she is looking into it.

Message 5 of 11
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I called EO and funny that what she told me. I know one cannot apply for the Plat?

A few years ago, they had a preapproval link, and when preapproved there was a link to apply. Now, when you look on the application page it says "You may be approved for either a Best Buy Reward Zone Credit Card, or a Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard, issued by Capital One."

When you read the account Terms and Conditions, it gives 2 grids, One for RZ Platinum MC (17.99% int) and One for the regular store (caled Reward Zone) Store Card which has much worse rates (25.24 or 27.99, based on creditworthiness). I guess you could assume that they would consider you for the Platinum card first (since it appears to be a better card, based on interest rate offered), but who knows? What is interesting is that it doesn't give any terms for a Gold RZMC, nor is it mentioned on the site, so based on what is there, you either get a RZMC Platinum, or a Store Card.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 6 of 11
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

The Best Buy cards are probably in the process of being moved to Citibank as it is expected to be done by 3rd quarter.  This may or may not be a good time to make changes, we shall see. 

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 7 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@Boonie wrote:

The Best Buy cards are probably in the process of being moved to Citibank as it is expected to be done by 3rd quarter.  This may or may not be a good time to make changes, we shall see. 

Weren't they just sold to cap one?

Did you say CITI?? They don't like me. I just got a CLI to $7K on this card. Now if I can get the AF removed.

Message 8 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

A few years ago, they had a preapproval link, and when preapproved there was a link to apply. Now, when you look on the application page it says "You may be approved for either a Best Buy Reward Zone Credit Card, or a Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard, issued by Capital One."

When you read the account Terms and Conditions, it gives 2 grids, One for RZ Platinum MC (17.99% int) and One for the regular store (caled Reward Zone) Store Card which has much worse rates (25.24 or 27.99, based on creditworthiness). I guess you could assume that they would consider you for the Platinum card first (since it appears to be a better card, based on interest rate offered), but who knows? What is interesting is that it doesn't give any terms for a Gold RZMC, nor is it mentioned on the site, so based on what is there, you either get a RZMC Platinum, or a Store Card.

I just tried to apply for the card and it still says the Platinum MC not the Gold.

BBRZMC.jpg

Message 9 of 11
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Boonie wrote:

Weren't they just sold to cap one?

Did you say CITI?? They don't like me. I just got a CLI to $7K on this card. Now if I can get the AF removed.

Yes, Citi bought the BB portfolio

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.