Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBT cards

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

BBT cards

I have the BBT Bright, and Spectrum Cash Rewards..........just got email saying I was preapproved for all 3 cards.......does anyone have all 3 cards offered on the prequal site, the Bright, Spectrum Cash, and Spectrum Travel?  The travel has a spend bonus of points worth $200!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: BBT cards

I looked into them, but honestly the cards all seem pretty meh unless you're just looking to get in with BB&T before the merger with Suntrust (which who knows how the cards will change at that point).

Message 2 of 15
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Not really looking for a new card..........just looks good when they offer you a new one!  I'm in OK with BBT, have the other 2 cards, a PLOC, and checking with them already....just curious if they would give someone all three cards.

Message 3 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes there are people with 3 cards.
Message 4 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yes there are people with 3 cards.

people actually with more than 3 of there cards as well . Smiley Happy.  

Message 5 of 15
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Are these approvals definitely done with soft pulls

Message 6 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

During the recent BBT GOLD RUSH OF FICOTOWN 2019, yes i believe most people received sp approvals. It was our FOTM Smiley Happy.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the travel and cahs cards with them.  I picked up the travel one for the $200 and the cash for when I close the travel due to the AF they will charge after the first year is up.

Points post quickly and are redeemable for a vareity of things including statement credits or you can gift them to another card you have with them to get past the $25 threshold to redeem them on another account.  

They're pretty lackluster though when it comes to comparing them to other options.  If you get a pre-approval through the site many have reported it's a SP approval.  

There's a glitch on their site though if you have a unit# or Apt after your address or anything in the 2nd line for address it chops it off and they might have to manually correct it and send a replacement card.

If you need contact info that's more expedient then I supplied that info on the backdoors thread under applications sub-forum.  It's much quicker than dealing with frontline CSR's.

Message 8 of 15
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Yes they were a flavor of the month for sure,

but when you are literally giving credit away

with no hard pull,that's hard to pass up whoever

you are. I had all 3 from soft pulls at $6,500 a card.

Logged into my BB&T account and they offered all three again

just now. Happily took them all over  again. If they want me

to have them I will oblige :-) I am not promoting

going app crazy...messing up your AAOA new starting date

on your AOYA...but I am in a position where it really doesn't

matter and I will be very intrested to see what this merger

provides :-)

Cheers

Message 9 of 15
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

So you have SIX cards, 2 of each?? Wow 😀
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.