Did you mean: 

BBVA 10% statement credit up to $50

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: BBVA 10% statement credit up to $50

Man! You people are all just too

fast for me!!!!

I was a little bummed out that I didn't have anymore sweet grocery store offers after today. 
Then BBVA sends me this and I see I'll get 13% off of groceries after all! Nice!!!

That's more then Disco during the grocery quarter during your Double Cash Back year!

i really like this card!!!!

B61789CD-F1AB-4E88-B18E-05F8CB7223F7.jpeg

Message 21 of 65
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I was going to start a new thread so @Remedios could make a litle side money @CreditCuriosity Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

I was going to break out the Disco for 5%, but that can wait a month nowSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 22 of 65
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

First ever offer from BBVA for me.  Hear the rest of you all getting some offers this seems like a good one.  10% back up to $50 back.   I guess BBVA will be in my wallet for this month in spend from april 1st-30th.

Wait...re-worded, that is a $50 SUB on the first 500 dollars spent in 30 days, or am I missing something. Most new cards I open are 150-200 dollar sign up bonus after 1500 spend in first 3 months. Re-wording it to be 10% does not make it a better offer.

It's not a SUB since most of got the $200 SUB when we got the cards. It's a bonus 10% on top the existing points already on the card. 

It's not as good as true a SUB, but to get $110 - $130 cash on $500 of spend is better than any normal cash back card. 

OK, then that is good for someone to have on an existing card. Most of my offers on existing cards require spending at a certain retailer...mostly on my amex cards.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 23 of 65
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm jealous... BBVA has yet to give me a single one of these offers.  As in, never. Smiley Indifferent

Congrats to those who did get it, though! Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I'm jealous... BBVA has yet to give me a single one of these offers.  As in, never. Smiley Indifferent

So weird that you never get these. Have you tried changing your email address to see if that triggers it? Maybe reach out to customer service and see if there's some flag in the system or something? I would think you would definitely be getting these.

Message 25 of 65
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

So weird that you never get these. Have you tried changing your email address to see if that triggers it? Maybe reach out to customer service and see if there's some flag in the system or something? I would think you would definitely be getting these.

I guess I could call, but at some point in the near future it will become a PNC card anyway so hopefully that transition will "shake loose" whatever is keeping me from getting in on the fun (without nerfing the card itself, of course).

My own personal (limited) experience with BBVA customer service has been fine, but based on reports I've read I suspect trying to chase down something obscure like this would be an exercise in futility.

Message 26 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I guess I could call, but at some point in the near future it will become a PNC card anyway so hopefully that transition will "shake loose" whatever is keeping me from getting in on the fun (without nerfing the card itself, of course).

My own personal (limited) experience with BBVA customer service has been fine, but based on reports I've read I suspect trying to chase down something obscure like this would be an exercise in futility.

You can email them. Its probably the rewards department that would be in charge of that system and from what I have read, they seem to be pretty good compared to regular front line reps. I understand not wanting to deal with them though lol

Message 27 of 65
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Well whatdaya know... still no email offer, but today I got a snail-mail offer from BBVA and for the first time ever I have an offer for 10% back in statement credit on May spending (up to $50).  Finally!  screamer.gif

I'm going to put it to good use... at least I have a few days to "scheme" on how to get the most out of it!  Smiley Very Happy

(By that I mean what spend I plan to use to max it out... if possible I don't want to use this offer on stuff already at 5% back on a different card, which I admit is a great problem to have.)

Message 28 of 65
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Well what'da know... still no email offer, but today I got a snail-mail offer from BBVA and for the first time ever I have an offer for 10% back in statement credit on May spending (up to $50).  Finally!  screamer.gif

I'm going to put it to good use... at least I have a few days to "scheme" on how to get the most out of it!  Smiley Very Happy

(By that I mean what spend I plan to use to max it out... if possible I don't want to use this offer on stuff already at 5% back on a different card, which I admit is a great problem to have.)

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 29 of 65
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@UncleB 

Congrats UnkaB!!!

Just took advantage of mine a few days ago.

I originally thought $50 was the max including the rewards for the category.

That part I may have been mistaken.

Looks like they've already credited me for the utility bill on the normal 3% rewards. Which was $18. Now I'm waiting on the the other $50. That would give me $68 back on a $602 spend?

So for those that have used a promotion like this in the past. 

Is my line of thinking correct here?

Normally I use my US bank cash + for these types of transactions. 

BBVA stole that business away for atleast this month.😂

Message 30 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.