BBVA 10% statement credit up to $50

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA 10% statement credit up to $50

@Gmood1 wrote:

@UncleB 

Congrats UnkaB!!!

Just took advantage of mine a few days ago.

I originally thought $50 was the max including the rewards for the category.

That part I may have been mistaken.

Looks like they've already credited me for the utility bill on the normal 3% rewards. Which was $18. Now I'm waiting on the the other $50. That would give me $68 back on a $602 spend?

So for those that have used a promotion like this in the past. 

Is my line of thinking correct here?

Normally I use my US bank cash + for these types of transactions. 

BBVA stole that business away for atleast this month.😂

Yep that's correct. You get your regular cash back plus the bonus with this offer. Sometimes BBVA includes the bonus in the percentage they send you, other times it stacks. This time it stacks. 

Message 31 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Well whatdaya know... still no email offer, but today I got a snail-mail offer from BBVA and for the first time ever I have an offer for 10% back in statement credit on May spending (up to $50).  Finally!  screamer.gif

I'm going to put it to good use... at least I have a few days to "scheme" on how to get the most out of it!  Smiley Very Happy

(By that I mean what spend I plan to use to max it out... if possible I don't want to use this offer on stuff already at 5% back on a different card, which I admit is a great problem to have.)

Yay! Glad that you finally got an offer! Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 65
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@UncleB 

Congrats UnkaB!!!

Looks like they've already credited me for the utility bill on the normal 3% rewards. Which was $18. Now I'm waiting on the the other $50. That would give me $68 back on a $602 spend?

Yep that's correct. You get your regular cash back plus the bonus with this offer. Sometimes BBVA includes the bonus in the percentage they send you, other times it stacks. This time it stacks. 

^^This has been my experience as well. I use points for amazon balance reload and redeem points to offset purchase the day it posts, effortless. And what's also nice about BBVA, they don't make you wait 2-3 billing cycles to post your credit like some others. I'm expecting the $50 credit when my next (May 15th) statement posts.

This was an awesome offer ! Hope we get a few more promos before the official transfer.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 33 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocheosa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@UncleB 

Congrats UnkaB!!!

^^This has been my experience as well. I use points for amazon balance reload and redeem points to offset purchase the day it posts, effortless. And what's also nice about BBVA, they don't make you wait 2-3 billing cycles to post your credit like some others. I'm expecting the $50 credit when my next (May 15th) statement posts.

This was an awesome offer ! Hope we get a few more promos before the official transfer.

Yep they're very quick about posting the bonus points. They're even posted before the statement cuts. In my experience they have posted no later than the 9th and my cycle closes on the 27th. 

Message 34 of 65
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Well whatdaya know... still no email offer, but today I got a snail-mail offer from BBVA and for the first time ever I have an offer for 10% back in statement credit on May spending (up to $50).  Finally!  screamer.gif

I'm going to put it to good use... at least I have a few days to "scheme" on how to get the most out of it!  Smiley Very Happy

(By that I mean what spend I plan to use to max it out... if possible I don't want to use this offer on stuff already at 5% back on a different card, which I admit is a great problem to have.)

I had given up on getting another offer from them but nope,  I got the same snail mail offer today.  That card goes back into the wallet while I think about how to use it.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 35 of 65
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I had given up on getting another offer from them but nope,  I got the same snail mail offer today.  That card goes back into the wallet while I think about how to use it.

Glad to hear of someone else receiving the the snail-mail letter as well!  Smiley Very Happy

Something I noticed from some screenshots of the email offers... some have an 'activate offer' button yet on my letter it didn't say anything about needing to activate the offer online.  I looked over the letter several additional times thinking possibly I missed something at first-glance, but it still reads to me like the offer is automatic (no action required).

I'm hopeful it will work out as advertised. <fingers crossed>

Message 36 of 65
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'm not worried but I'm also not going to toss the mailer into the recycle bin until after I see the credit applied to my account. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 37 of 65
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Strange. I got a snail mail offer on my rewards card today as well, I've always got them by email before. No click to activate so I'll save the mailer  but it does list the last 4 digits of the card #.

Message 38 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Strange. I got a snail mail offer on my rewards card today as well, I've always got them by email before. No click to activate so I'll save the mailer  but it does list the last 4 digits of the card #.

I'm hoping that mine shows up today. Informed Delivery told me I had a BBVA envelope coming yesterday but it never showed up. 

Message 39 of 65
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I'm hoping that mine shows up today. Informed Delivery told me I had a BBVA envelope coming yesterday but it never showed up. 

@Anonymous 

I hate when Informed Delivery shows something in your daily mail, but then you don't get that day. Very irritating

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 40 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.