tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA 10% statement credit up to $50

@ocheosa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I gotta say the BBVA rewards customer service seems to be a cut above their regular customer service. I called and got a very helpful rep with no hold time. Explained what happened with the letter and she confirmed that I do indeed have the offer applied to my account for the month of May. 

@Anonymous 

So you all are getting the $50 for $500 spend 2 months in a row? Wow, that's amazing! Congrats to all who received both promos!

Yeah it's crazy generous of them! I even had her verify that I was registered for it last month as well to make sure there wasn't an issue with the link or something. 

That's wonderful! At this point, crosses fingers, hope there's a problem with the transfer and we stay with BBVA at least through early 2022! Imagine what they could come up with for the holiday season!

Nooooo, go awayyyy, leave me beeeee I don't want to go to PNC, nooooo...clutching my little blue plastic cards with both hands...Smiley LOL

It's possible that PNC could leave lending separate for awhile. Aren't Sun Trust and BB&T still running their own separate cards?

Message 51 of 65
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I gotta say the BBVA rewards customer service seems to be a cut above their regular customer service. I called and got a very helpful rep with no hold time. Explained what happened with the letter and she confirmed that I do indeed have the offer applied to my account for the month of May. 

@Anonymous 

So you all are getting the $50 for $500 spend 2 months in a row? Wow, that's amazing! Congrats to all who received both promos!

Yeah it's crazy generous of them! I even had her verify that I was registered for it last month as well to make sure there wasn't an issue with the link or something. 

That's wonderful! At this point, crosses fingers, hope there's a problem with the transfer and we stay with BBVA at least through early 2022! Imagine what they could come up with for the holiday season!

Nooooo, go awayyyy, leave me beeeee I don't want to go to PNC, nooooo...clutching my little blue plastic cards with both hands...Smiley LOL

It's possible that PNC could leave lending separate for awhile. Aren't Sun Trust and BB&T still running their own separate cards?

Oh, you're right ! 

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 52 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an alert for the credit posting. 

619443A1-163F-4FEE-91CD-3C4009B78181.jpeg

Message 53 of 65
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

^^^^ Same! Plus I recd the May promo mailer on Monday, BBVA Rocks!

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 54 of 65
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Just checked my account and the credit has posted! Good stuff BBVA!😀

Message 55 of 65
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Well whatdaya know... still no email offer, but today I got a snail-mail offer from BBVA and for the first time ever I have an offer for 10% back in statement credit on May spending (up to $50).  Finally!  screamer.gif

I'm going to put it to good use... at least I have a few days to "scheme" on how to get the most out of it!  Smiley Very Happy

(By that I mean what spend I plan to use to max it out... if possible I don't want to use this offer on stuff already at 5% back on a different card, which I admit is a great problem to have.)

I had given up on getting another offer from them but nope,  I got the same snail mail offer today.  That card goes back into the wallet while I think about how to use it.

Glad to hear of someone else receiving the the snail-mail letter as well!  Smiley Very Happy

Something I noticed from some screenshots of the email offers... some have an 'activate offer' button yet on my letter it didn't say anything about needing to activate the offer online.  I looked over the letter several additional times thinking possibly I missed something at first-glance, but it still reads to me like the offer is automatic (no action required).

I'm hopeful it will work out as advertised. <fingers crossed>

Circling back around on this... @coldfusion check your account, my $50 credit posted today.  Smiley Very Happy

Of course it would just happen to be the same day my payment posted giving me a $50 credit balance, but that's fine... I'll deal with that this weekend at Walmart, LOL.

Hopefully we'll be seeing more of these offers before the transition to PNC!

Edited to add:  A few minutes after seeing the credit in the app, they decided to send a push notification:

BBVACredit.jpg

Message 56 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep I got mine too. Only $34.39 because it was a slow spend month but hey, I'm happy to have it!

Message 57 of 65
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I forgot all about that. I just had an email pop up for a $50 credit to BBVA and I was wondering "what the heck is that for???", so I came here and instantly found the answer grin.gif

Message 58 of 65
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Well whatdaya know... still no email offer, but today I got a snail-mail offer from BBVA and for the first time ever I have an offer for 10% back in statement credit on May spending (up to $50).  Finally!  screamer.gif

I'm going to put it to good use... at least I have a few days to "scheme" on how to get the most out of it!  Smiley Very Happy

(By that I mean what spend I plan to use to max it out... if possible I don't want to use this offer on stuff already at 5% back on a different card, which I admit is a great problem to have.)

I had given up on getting another offer from them but nope,  I got the same snail mail offer today.  That card goes back into the wallet while I think about how to use it.

Glad to hear of someone else receiving the the snail-mail letter as well!  Smiley Very Happy

Something I noticed from some screenshots of the email offers... some have an 'activate offer' button yet on my letter it didn't say anything about needing to activate the offer online.  I looked over the letter several additional times thinking possibly I missed something at first-glance, but it still reads to me like the offer is automatic (no action required).

I'm hopeful it will work out as advertised. <fingers crossed>

Circling back around on this... @coldfusion check your account, my $50 credit posted today.  Smiley Very Happy

Of course it would just happen to be the same day my payment posted giving me a $50 credit balance, but that's fine... I'll deal with that this weekend at Walmart, LOL.

Hopefully we'll be seeing more of these offers before the transition to PNC!

Edited to add:  A few minutes after seeing the credit in the app, they decided to send a push notification:

BBVACredit.jpg

Yes I saw the notification of the credit.  They've been really good this year in paying out promos for sure.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 59 of 65
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Got my $50 credit today as well. 

Anyone know if they're gonna keep on doing this or this is the last one?

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 60 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.