Did you mean: 

BBVA $4,500... Accept?

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: BBVA $4,500... Accept?

@Anonymous wrote:

BBVA is kind of a scam, I opened an account with them only to have a small purchase charged a late fee by them not sending me a notice of payment due. I did like their app and next to apple it is a cool setup where they use the app for almost everything. I cancelled the card and paid it off all within a month. I do not do business like that and do not do business with people that do that.

@Anonymous 

I am Confused so please elaborate.

You charged a small purchase on a BBVA credit card on Day 1 and then you were assessed a late fee on Day 2? 

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was probably within 2-5 days but yes I was 

Message 22 of 27
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It was probably within 2-5 days but yes I was 

Huh. 
I have had a completely different experience with small charges.  BBVA has waived a $1.00 charge for me two months in a row.

Message 23 of 27
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Charmante wrote:

$4,500 SL... Do they offer CLI's regularly? SP or HP CLI's? After how many months?

@Charmante 

IIRC, the actual SL may be higher than the amount shown in the Pre-qual.  
@JNA1 is quite well versed with the ClearPoints card.

Message 24 of 27
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

@NoMoreE46 You mean the SL isn't always exactly what they quoted? I may try it. Lol

Message 25 of 27
JNA1
Valued Contributor

The SL has been the same as what they quoted for me on both my and DW's card, but I have heard of one person (they may be more, I only remember one specifically) getting a higher than quoted SL. 

I would think vast majority don't get a higher SL based on most of the approvals here.

I'd expect what they quote and hope for higher if you do apply...

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 26 of 27
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Charmante 

So the higher actual SL may be more of an anomaly than reality as @JNA1  has interjected. Anyway,  there is hope.  This was the thread that I (and maybe JNA1)  were thinking about:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/BBVA-Clear-points-Approval-12k-SL/td-p/619920...

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.