Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Clearpoints statement question....

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

BBVA Clearpoints statement question....

My first statement cut for my Clearpoints card this month on the 4th. Minimum payment $71.00, I made a $1K payment on the 5th. I logged in today and it reflects my payment in the account details (and it came out of my checking just fine...) but it still says minimum due $71.

Is this just a BBVA quirk or do I need to get on the phone with them?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA Clearpoints statement question....

They're a bit :"slow" when it comes to things like this.  They use some old software on the back-end considering you have to e-mail them a PDF to get autopay setup and the autopay reallyt autopays regardless of a manual payment applied prior to the designated payment date.

Message 2 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thats the only problem I have with them is their website although the "mobile" is slightly better, but when you make a payment even though it posts, it then takes another day to reduce your balance but still always shows min pay amount due, very frustrating.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s a BBVA quirk. The minimum payment won’t change, just ignore that field.
Message 4 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Yep, this is a known issue with BBVA.  When my own ClearPoints was new I made two payments to be on the safe side before I figured out that the 'Minimum Due' isn't updated once a payment is made.

To be fair, if you look closely there is an asterisk with the disclaimer "as of last Billing Statement".  It seems like they could do better, though, since most other banks do.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.